Leo  Basile
Leo Basile Reader
11/28/09 6:17 p.m.

Well, since its quiet...Too quiet on this board, Ill try my best to get it rolling...

I bought a new mig welder and hi-tech mask that auto darkens. Both are Lincoln the mask works excellent as does the welder.

My Girlfriend is getting me the alum. welding gun for Christmas!

Leo

gjz30075
gjz30075 New Reader
11/29/09 9:52 a.m.

You got gas, too? For the welder, I mean.

boeingpilot
boeingpilot New Reader
11/29/09 9:39 p.m.

In reply to Leo Basile:

Cool! I'm planning on giving my wife a nice new MIG welder for Christmas, maybe a new air compressor too...

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
11/30/09 5:54 a.m.

I was thinking a Mocal spin on adaptor.

Let me know when you guys are allowed back in the house :)

A.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t HalfDork
11/30/09 9:01 a.m.

A friend of mine bought a new Hobart 187 MIG welder and self-dark helmet last year and never even took it out of the box. Finances got tough for him so I bought it from him this Summer (for a smoking deal).

In 40 years of welding (mostly arc), I'd never used a self-darkening helmet and hardly every used MIG. Wow! Love these new helmets and MIG rocks! (I'm using 75/25 gas mix and only steel right now).

Re: Christmas: I have an OLD, OLD B&D key-type, corded 3/8" electric hand drill (plus a bigger corder drill and a couple of cordless drills). But I really wanted a modern 1/2" keyless Milwaukee hand drill. The Missus just ordered one for my Xmas present. Not too exotic, I know. But of all the tools I use for fabrication, a normal corded hand drill is the tool I use most.

I'd like a spool gun and new SA race helmet.....maybe for my birthday.

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile Reader
12/1/09 1:29 a.m.

I know Im so freekn lucky...I got my Girlfriend a new tool box with roller bearings from Lowes.

Shes awesome.

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
12/1/09 6:31 a.m.

Show off ;)

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/1/09 1:13 p.m.

I just got a Chevron race car. It's only 1/32 scale, though. I'll post pictures later.

André Rousseau
André Rousseau HalfDork
12/1/09 5:36 p.m.

New stuff from Kirkey.

http://www.124racer.com/gallery/09/1201_Kirkey/index.html

WilD
WilD Reader
12/2/09 9:14 a.m.
Leo Basile wrote: I know Im so freekn lucky...I got my Girlfriend a new tool box with roller bearings from Lowes. Shes awesome.

Wow. I'm proud that my wife can and does drive a manual transmission, I'd be ecstatic if she actually worked on my cars. Hell, I'd be ecstatic if I worked on my cars.

59bugeye
59bugeye New Reader
12/27/09 4:16 p.m.

As I was reading down through this post, I started thinking.....My girlfriend never goes "on that side of the garage" (where the bugeye is parked), doesn't know the year of my car, has no idea what a manual transmission is and doesn't understand the term "double clutch", or why I do it..........ummmm I guess I'm pretty lucky too ;)

Leo  Basile
Leo Basile Reader
12/27/09 11:49 p.m.

You have a very good point sir!

Leo

f86sabjf
f86sabjf Reader
12/28/09 7:52 a.m.
Leo Basile wrote: I know Im so freekn lucky...I got my Girlfriend a new tool box with roller bearings from Lowes. Shes awesome.

you better get her a ring before someone else does

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IdUBRDJndiWUujwj8X0EDvgjt5IaDUZil8cA7jEnPJQK4T6lTMJVuwxYRwFgtsjv