1 2
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
2/4/24 4:12 p.m.
Neil Redden said:
adam525i said:

In reply to frenchyd :

and around your waist!

Right On! I needed a new battery for the FR-S I track and figured I'd buy an Anti-Gravity battery. That is, until I found they cost a ton. I figured that I could lose some weight by eating less, come in at about the same overall car weight and save money.

Now, I'll have to look into the shifting less tactic. Not sure that works on an FR-S with no torque to help, but maybe? 

My rallycross times are faster starting in 2nd gear if the start is downhill.

This in an RX-7 that can rev, so the final drive is kind of short.  

Riding in a car with a twin clutch transmission is a real eye opener with respect to how much time is lost due to shifting a manual trans.

Franchetti11
Franchetti11
2/4/24 11:20 p.m.

The best way to remove a pound is to look 16 places and remove an ounce!

Duckzero
Duckzero New Reader
2/4/24 11:34 p.m.

I'm a big guy myself and I'm driving a miata on track.  I know that the best driver mod, besides seat time, is working on my health and dropping a ton of weight. 

mr2peak
mr2peak Dork
2/5/24 1:45 a.m.
Neil Redden said:
adam525i said:

In reply to frenchyd :

and around your waist!

Right On! I needed a new battery for the FR-S I track and figured I'd buy an Anti-Gravity battery. That is, until I found they cost a ton. I figured that I could lose some weight by eating less, come in at about the same overall car weight and save money.

Now, I'll have to look into the shifting less tactic. Not sure that works on an FR-S with no torque to help, but maybe? 

Lithium battery is about the least expensive place to lose weight, if you don't count removing things. I saved ~20lbs with a lithium battery. Try replacing other parts of a car and losing that much. That's more weight loss than a carbon hood, at a fraction of the cost, and no loss of function in any terms.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Dork
2/5/24 10:06 a.m.

That position must make it awkward to shift. I saw this on a 80's Alfa and thought what were they thinking?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fkqrs4bILWF4nrCeuR1pJvXzEtcm1huyz2nScD2GwFga1Q3K18XTeL4Dn5H6vF6R