infinitenexus
infinitenexus HalfDork
9/21/20 12:52 p.m.

As I'm gutting my Civic it's raising higher and higher and I couldn't help but think, maybe I should rally this car a few times since there's rally racing constantly around here (Central Florida).  I wouldn't want to do that with stock suspension though, I would prefer something a bit taller and stiffer.  Is there any form of bolt on spring/shock combo that would do that?  I know integra suspension is essentially the exact same, so that wouldn't do it.  Can I squeeze Accord springs or anything like that in there?  So far the only option I've found are aluminum spacers on eBay, $100 to lift it an inch or two.

infinitenexus
infinitenexus HalfDork
9/21/20 1:05 p.m.

Some from some google-fu, it looks like I can use 99-2001 CRV front springs and shocks *possibly* to lift the front 2 inches.  The rears will fit if I modify the lower control arm.  

How about those cheapo $38 coilover springs on eBay?  If the spring is a somewhat universal size I could simply order a longer spring, to have taller springs that could possibly go with CRV shocks?  Hmmmm....  If I can keep this in the challenge budget and have two options for suspension, rallycross and autocross, that would be pretty awesome.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
9/21/20 7:32 p.m.

In reply to infinitenexus :

I used a set of Ebay Chinesium coilovers on my Challenge Miata. The springs aren't very long if you're trying to get altitude and suspension travel and the coilover sleeve is sized for a 50mm diameter shock.

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
9/21/20 7:53 p.m.

Any Integra spring set should work as they are heavier rate.  If you can find a set the Civic Wagon 4WD spring will raise it certainly.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sW4Cg18MbCbE5GXTwH4r822w40aPUnPkA3cWrrRBe5iGIqlPFxqGSfHd8AYCzykN