1 2 3
ShadowSix
ShadowSix New Reader
3/16/11 8:55 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: I just sent you a message, ShadowSix. Buy the best E30 you can, the cleaner it is when you get it the more you'll love it. That said: There is what appears to be a really nice 1991 318is for sale in this area; I can go look at it and give you my impressions of it if you want to travel.

Thanks man, I am trying to spend a little less than that, and I actually want a car that isn't in really beautiful physical shape. As I recall, college is pretty hard on cars.

I kinda want the big 5 MPH bumpers on the older E30's for maximum durability, but then my choices are the turtle-like M10 318i, the uninspiring 325e, or the somewhat thirsty 325i. The M42 318i seems more like my kind of ride.

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
3/17/11 5:29 a.m.

Poly trans mounts are your culprit. You've either got to deal with it, or go back to stock mounts.

The poly trans mounts really resonate/vibrate in the car terribly.

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
3/17/11 7:23 a.m.

Yeah... I figured as much... I have poly motor mounts ready to go in as well... I doubt those will help any... After some additional digging, I found out that you shouldn't install poly trans mounts w/o installing the motor mounts as well or it can snap off the cast mounting tabs on the trans tail.

I don't mind the vibration if I know what's causing it. The car isn't a daily driver and won't really see much street use while I own it.

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
4/26/11 1:34 p.m.

I guess someone on R3V found this thread. I just found this one post particularly funny.

"I think r3vlimited is like a mean dad. 99% of the time he's berating you for throwing like a girl, not being able to rebuild a 4 barrel carb in your sleep, and always being like your mother. That 1% of the time though, on the yearly fishing trip, when you hook a largemouth bass and you fight it together and pluck it from the still waters of the lake you're on, and that fleeting smile flits across his face, is when you know that the old man ain't all bad."

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
4/26/11 2:41 p.m.

Yep. I saw a regular over there post to this thread, but when I opened the thread, it was gone... so I'm guessing he changed his mind and deleted it...

Nice. They hate me over there now. Sweet.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PGhmGOCGi81MkbGAMxMjj2dkQFVTyrqLDcsCnXMZS4b9MyOVEd7ygHlVNDD51DJn