1 2
ZOO
ZOO Dork
1/8/10 12:19 p.m.

This may be the best looking Buick ever:

Read more:

http://jalopnik.com/5441716/buick-regal-gs-show-car-awd-255hp-and-still-a-four+banger?skyline=true&s=x

Rob

Bobzilla
Bobzilla HalfDork
1/8/10 12:24 p.m.

very good looking car.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
1/8/10 12:39 p.m.

I can think of at least a dozen Buicks that are better looking, but they were all built between 1920 and 1970.

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
1/8/10 12:40 p.m.

Too bad it's only because it ripped of GM's European Cousin Opel. Oh well, if that's what it takes than so be it.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
1/8/10 12:43 p.m.

Saying, "the best looking Buick ever."

Is kind of like telling a girl, "those pants make your butt look much smaller."

Cotton
Cotton HalfDork
1/8/10 12:48 p.m.

Best looking Buick ever imo is the 65 Riviera. That Regal does look very good though.

integraguy
integraguy HalfDork
1/8/10 1:18 p.m.

"Best looking Buick ever?" No.

Best looking Buick built in the 21st century? Maybe.

Buick has built very good looking cars throughout it's history. Unfortunately they haven't builtt quite as many as...Chevrolet, but they don't have the market share Chevy has either A very strong argument can be made, and someone here has already made, for the '63 Riviera. The 2nd gen Riv (the '67-68) isn't/wasn't bad looking either..

skruffy
skruffy Dork
1/8/10 1:30 p.m.
MitchellC wrote: Too bad it's only because it ripped of GM's European Cousin Opel. Oh well, if that's what it takes than so be it.

Every current GM sedan is a simple re-skin of an existing european platform.

This is easily the best looking buick of the last 30 years, but it isn't up against much competition.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
1/8/10 1:34 p.m.

That is a sexy regal. I'm most impressed by the ecotec four putting out damn near 300 ft/lbs. Its a shame the euro model its based on gets a more powerful six cylinder.

So is buick going to be the new arm of the new GM that gets all the gun euro cars? Like saturn was becoming...

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
1/8/10 1:35 p.m.

Not by a long shot. This is the best looking Buick ever:

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
1/8/10 1:37 p.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

I think yours is a 63 or 64. I may be wrong but I think 65 was the year for this body style with the concealed headlights. That is the best looking buick ever. This new one is not so bad, front end is a little busy, but not bad.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
1/8/10 1:42 p.m.

I like the boat tail Riv's myself:

www.Buick-Riviera.com

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer Dork
1/8/10 1:45 p.m.

id get one, then slap a Vauxhall grill on it...

Cotton
Cotton HalfDork
1/8/10 1:45 p.m.

In reply to plance1:

That's right. The 65 was the only year with the clamshell headlights. It also has the taillights integrated into the rear bumper which looks better than the 63/64. I loves those cars. I just recently bought a 65 as a restoration project.

pres589
pres589 Reader
1/8/10 1:46 p.m.

I've always been partial to the GS/GSX cars like this one from 1972, but the early Riv's were great too.

I like the looks of this new Regal when tarted up a little, the first pictures were extremely bland when showing the more run of the mill trim levels.

jstein77
jstein77 HalfDork
1/8/10 1:47 p.m.

I actually thought the same thing when I saw this:

Just screams "Infinity", doesn't it?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla HalfDork
1/8/10 1:48 p.m.

255hp, awd and a 6sp with 3 pedals has my attention more than the looks, but it does look good.

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
1/8/10 1:50 p.m.

In reply to Cotton:

hold on for second, you can't send a post like that without including some pics......

jstein77
jstein77 HalfDork
1/8/10 1:51 p.m.

Or Lexus:

audifan
audifan New Reader
1/8/10 1:53 p.m.

best looking and buick should be mutually exclusive terms.

Cotton
Cotton HalfDork
1/8/10 2:08 p.m.
plance1 wrote: In reply to Cotton: hold on for second, you can't send a post like that without including some pics......

I have some, but can't get into my photobucket account from work. Will try and post some tonight.

junkbuggie
junkbuggie New Reader
1/8/10 2:19 p.m.

Best buick ever.... 1959 invicta 2dr hardtop

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27289828

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
1/8/10 2:24 p.m.

So buick is becomming what Pontiac was supposed to be and Saturn almost was? Well at least GM partially pulled their head out of their ass long enough to see some light

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
1/8/10 2:48 p.m.
junkbuggie wrote: Best buick ever.... 1959 invicta 2dr hardtop http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27289828

I do love me some 59' Buick Full size.

This Riv was found in Elkton, MD out in front of an Autozone. Don't see this style of car in the east much but I sure do love it.

patgizz
patgizz Dork
1/8/10 3:27 p.m.

early 50's roadmaster is the best ever

GNX is awesome too. the little fender flares and vents just give it that much more cool over a regular grand national.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cty3anRD6NByyFNMDXHX9aSuX2rgwEs0GagvUdaIeLnqxJjYWlCJghWuMLfm6mON