Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/28/13 1:14 p.m.

Because he bought a new Jaguar XF.

In BRG. With a tan interior.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/28/13 1:15 p.m.

Just tell them it's a Tata. Ask when the free Tata Nano is going to come...

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/28/13 1:16 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

He was stationed in England for ~15 years of his Marine service and has owned many a Jag. They traded in their XJ6 for it.

Also, I want a Nano.

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine Reader
6/28/13 1:29 p.m.

Shoulda got the limo!

fanfoy
fanfoy Reader
6/28/13 1:31 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Also, I want a Nano.

Yes, look at all those satisfied customers

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
6/28/13 1:38 p.m.

BRG+tan leather=Awesomesauce

scardeal
scardeal Dork
6/28/13 1:41 p.m.

Great color combo. Not sure if I'd want to own a Jag, though.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/28/13 1:50 p.m.

In reply to scardeal:

I'd be okay with it being broken all the time. Gives me more time to drool on it's looks in the driveway.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
6/28/13 1:57 p.m.

The XKR I drove was the "best" car in the group of super cars I got to drive IMO. I love me some jags.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
6/28/13 2:26 p.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to alfadriver: He was stationed in England for ~15 years of his Marine service and has owned many a Jag. They traded in their XJ6 for it. Also, I want a Nano.

And it's still a Tata.

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
6/28/13 2:53 p.m.

Ironically, BRG + tan leather is also my favorite color combo on Miatae.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
6/28/13 2:59 p.m.
Vigo wrote: Ironically, BRG + tan leather is also my favorite color combo on Miatae.

My dad bought a BMW solely because it had BRG and tan. Then he took it back because it didn't have seat heaters, which is something you expect to be standard on an 09 BMW. Apparently they aren't needed in Florida where the car was from.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
6/28/13 3:27 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver:

Still an improvement over being a Ford.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
6/28/13 6:20 p.m.

I do like the looks of the new jags but their refusal to go racing is a turn off. They quit ALMS but maybe they should have chosen someone besides the guy who drove Trans-Am into the ground to run that program. They said no to V8 Supercars and F1...phooey.

BRG is a great looking color though!

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
6/28/13 6:21 p.m.

the new jags are so pretty....

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
6/28/13 7:26 p.m.

To me it looks like a Hyundai. It can easily blend in to traffic and that's not how I want my Jags. Gimme the E type or the original XJ6, those are completely unmistakeable cars.

mr2peak
mr2peak HalfDork
6/28/13 7:37 p.m.

I was working on a house recently and the owner had a beautiful BRG/Tan Aston Martin (parked next to his BRG 427 Cobra rep)

sobe_death
sobe_death HalfDork
6/28/13 7:38 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: I do like the looks of the new jags but their refusal to go racing is a turn off. They quit ALMS but maybe they should have chosen someone besides the guy who drove Trans-Am into the ground to run that program. They said no to V8 Supercars and F1...phooey. BRG is a great looking color though!

They go racing in the VLN series... With the XF no less! First hand, I can tell you that these were eerily the quietest race cars at the 24h @ Nurburgring.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
6/28/13 8:39 p.m.

I've thought this too.

But then I questioned myself- does the Hyundai look like the Jag, or the other way around?

I would think the Hyundai borrowed some styling ideas.

Curmudgeon wrote: To me it looks like a Hyundai. It can easily blend in to traffic and that's not how I want my Jags. Gimme the E type or the original XJ6, those are completely unmistakeable cars.
irish44j
irish44j UberDork
6/28/13 10:00 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: To me it looks like a Hyundai. It can easily blend in to traffic and that's not how I want my Jags. Gimme the E type or the original XJ6, those are completely unmistakeable cars.

I have to agree here. Jag completely got rid of any bit of individuality with their cars. While the new ones are indeed pretty, they just look like a Kia and an Aston had sex. They look like pretty much everything else these days. I think I know cars pretty well, but many times when I see a new Jag (and there is no shortage of them around here), I have to look pretty hard at it before I'm sure it's actually a Jag and not something else...

They old Jags were unmistakably distinctive (love them or hate them) and instantly screamed "I am classier than you are." The later iterations combined classiness with aggressiveness to boot...

irish44j
irish44j UberDork
6/28/13 10:02 p.m.
sobe_death wrote:
DirtyBird222 wrote: I do like the looks of the new jags but their refusal to go racing is a turn off. They quit ALMS but maybe they should have chosen someone besides the guy who drove Trans-Am into the ground to run that program. They said no to V8 Supercars and F1...phooey. BRG is a great looking color though!
They go racing in the VLN series... With the XF no less! First hand, I can tell you that these were eerily the quietest race cars at the 24h @ Nurburgring.

When I first scolled onto this picture, the first thought in my head was "why did he post a pic of a Lexus IS-F racecar?"

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
6/29/13 5:23 a.m.

I think they're beautiful. Hey, something nice to ogle next door; better than him having a yard full of Cavaliers.

And it's not a Tata any more than a Mitsubishi Raider is a Mitsubishi. That's a weak jab.

11110000 Reader
6/29/13 6:12 a.m.

In a world where a Mitsubishi Raider is not a Mitsubishi, but a Dodge Raider is a Mitsubishi... only in this world can a Jaguar be a Tata.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
6/29/13 6:32 a.m.
Alan Cesar wrote: I think they're beautiful. Hey, something nice to ogle next door; better than him having a yard full of Cavaliers. And it's not a Tata any more than a Mitsubishi Raider is a Mitsubishi. That's a weak jab.

so it's a Tata for now?

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
6/29/13 6:49 a.m.

So what if jag is a tata? I like tatas!

besides, what we should really be talking about is that this is a volkswagon

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vzk9hfHLLV1sBnX5FO0aWzWf706FJ6rs9KA2h1hPzDbsflU51AXsHSIzo2V4DMpd