1 2 3
moparman76_69
moparman76_69 HalfDork
2/6/13 9:20 p.m.

Ok so said facebook post eludes to an announcement in 12 hours, and it was posted 22 hours ago. What was the announcement?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
2/6/13 9:27 p.m.

One Lap prices seem to contradict the whole budget and idea of the Challenge cars. I'd tell Meester Yates Jr. to fund the five cars through the one lap then we'll enter.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UltraDork
2/6/13 9:58 p.m.

Tempting, but way too late to pull something together for this year. Fully support the idea though.

Pat
Pat Reader
2/6/13 10:05 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Pat wrote:
Swank Force One wrote:
Pat wrote: One Lap in a K car?
I just felt a little bad for you... I'm dreading what it would be like in Swank Force One, let alone The Scaries.
LOL! Not a chance you'll find my ass putting 3k street miles on that thing. My head would be ringing for months! I have a lot of respect for the guys that do One Lap...they certainly ar hard core.
Pu$$y.

Yup!

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
2/7/13 9:02 a.m.

Uh, why should Brock pay for the entry fees? If you want to run One Lap, you have to pony up. If not, stay at home.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/7/13 9:11 a.m.
I'd tell Meester Yates Jr. to fund the five cars through the one lap then we'll enter.

"Welfare Pimp Racing" I love it! Good luck with that, btw.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
2/7/13 1:37 p.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote: Would the car have to remain in Challenge competition form, or would configuration changes be allowed between the two events? I.E., if the car ran with a gutted interior in the Challenge, could an interior be re-installed for One Lap?

I highly doubt Brock's gonna be asking for receipts and spreadsheets. The classes are self-policing. If you claim it's a Challenge car and it looks like a Challenge car, no one's gonna say peep.

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
2/7/13 3:57 p.m.

Say, if you bring a really slow car, won't that technically lead to more track time than the faster high budget teams?

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/7/13 4:01 p.m.
Mitchell wrote: Say, if you bring a really slow car, won't that technically lead to more track time than the faster high budget teams?

Hell, they may give you the whole track to yourself! Very few entries, and I think they group the cars in such a way as to ensure there's no passing unless there's some kind of mechanical failure. I THINK. I get this feeling I would be a big pus$y at Road America.

There ARE pretty serious rumblings regarding a Hong effort. You shiny happy people aren't going to make us bring 5 cars, are you?

I half-jokingly mentioned something to my brother about running the mighty (supercharged) Sequoia, and didn't get a flat-out "no." Heated seats, a ginormous place to lay flat and go to sleep while watching a DVD, (not to mention 500hp) sound pretty nice for a cross-country jaunt. The thing is actually really fun to toss around too, when you get the hang of it. So there's that, if not a Challenge car.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/7/13 6:33 p.m.

I am interested, anybody else

photo grm2012009.jpg

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
2/7/13 6:39 p.m.

I'm definitely interested. Next year should being OLOA back to Hallett.

I don't even care about winning my class or anything, I just want to do it for the experience.

Regarding those complaining about the entry fee, think about how many tracks they are having to rent + insurance/liability. Considered that way, it doesn't seem to expensive.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/7/13 6:43 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: I'm definitely interested. Next year should being OLOA back to Hallett. I don't even care about winning my class or anything, I just want to do it for the experience. Regarding those complaining about the entry fee, think about how many tracks they are having to rent + insurance/liability. Considered that way, it doesn't seem to expensive.

...and to compare it to the challenge (an autocross in a dragstrip parking lot...no offense) is pretty berkeleying outlandish. Bang for buck, especially considering the coverage, is really pretty reasonable.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/7/13 6:45 p.m.

Are we talking 2013 or 2014?

C'mon Pat, HTFU man, bring that beast, imagine the faces on the Viper and Ferrari owners

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 HalfDork
2/7/13 6:51 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Are we talking 2013 or 2014? C'mon Pat, HTFU man, bring that beast, imagine the faces on the Viper and Ferrari owners

QFT, I could be down to be a transit driver. It'd knock it off the bucket list.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
2/7/13 7:03 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Are we talking 2013 or 2014? C'mon Pat, HTFU man, bring that beast, imagine the faces on the Viper and Ferrari owners

For me 2014.

We have already planned out the year as far as vacation time goes for me, and the spare cash to accommodate said vacations.

That being said, I'd only be interested in someone who wants to split driving duties. I have no interest in doing all the transit driving and neither of the 2 sessions on track.

Brock2
Brock2 New Reader
2/7/13 8:40 p.m.

The Challenge Class offer stands as long as Grassroots Magazine is our magazine of record. Whether $250,000 Vipers or $2113 Challenge cars, One Lap is a great event at all levels. The competitors are terrific, some of the cars stupidly fast, others somewhat slower, and the tracks are the best I can put together for a week around the country.

I will be happy to answer any specific questions anyone might have, but I do need to stress one of our only rules, track drivers must have a minimum of two one-day driving schools, NASA HPDE for example, other than that our one-page rule book is pretty easy to comply with.

Michael, yes a slow car does get more track time but after allowing a Smart Car in a few years ago, I fear that one of those might fall off the banking at Daytona. Dirtybird: One Lap is a very expensive event to run and the entry fee is kept lower with the support of the fine folks at the Tire Rack and our other sponsors. It may not be a cheap week, but our recidivism rate attests to how much fun we all have.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/7/13 8:47 p.m.

See, told you brock was cool. He slid an extra hundred in the Challenge budget.

Aussie: It'd have to be 2014 for me, bud.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/7/13 9:02 p.m.

So many bucket list ticks on this one, I will be holding you guys to this.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/7/13 9:08 p.m.

In for 2014, 2015 at latest. Swank Force One would make aFast track car.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/7/13 9:37 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: In for 2014, 2015 at latest. Swank Force One would make aFast track car.

If I do it, it may just be the one, so let's geeeter dunn in 14 yeah?

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/7/13 9:43 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: So many bucket list ticks on this one, I will be holding you guys to this.

Fool, I know you ain't talkin to me!

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UltraDork
2/7/13 9:44 p.m.

I did OLOA 10 years ago. Worth every penny.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
2/7/13 9:53 p.m.

If in can work out a good entry, I'm more then happy to split expenses.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/7/13 10:02 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

2014 might not give me enough time or money to take care of the hpdes and entry fees. Got a big season of expenses and events this year.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/7/13 10:17 p.m.
Vagina Force One said: Whaaaa whaaa whaaa something something

C'mon man!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jOpS5zYLYpe7fqtT1ffLMlY6MPFyXtg8WXeoC0Yh8qFhN1w3cSwN7zWajwS449jK