Jaynen HalfDork
11/1/12 2:42 p.m.

http://www.mazdatalkforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2692?mv_source=News1

I kind of like the styling. Wonder which Miata it uses primarily

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
11/1/12 2:52 p.m.

Whoa I had an idea just like this yesterday

Except without the awful Chris Bangle sides. Whhyyyyyy?

nderwater
nderwater UberDork
11/1/12 3:08 p.m.

More info and photos in the linked thread: http://www.mazdatalkforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2694

Also video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJg9SdWc-2I

The0retical
The0retical Reader
11/1/12 3:10 p.m.

Styling instantly made me think of Veritas

Not sure why maybe the angle in the pictures. The catfish looks a bit unfinished so my limited imagination can't see it as anything but a track toy.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
11/1/12 3:11 p.m.

^ Hahaha talk about a car with a face!

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
11/1/12 3:14 p.m.
The0retical wrote: Styling instantly made me think of Veritas

"a 1930s racing car....from the future"

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
11/1/12 3:16 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
The0retical wrote: Styling instantly made me think of Veritas
"a 1930s racing car....from the future"

And it is PISSED to be here!

kreb
kreb SuperDork
11/1/12 3:51 p.m.

It's not going to be nearly as fast as a turbo 818, but should be at a more attractive price point. I love it visually! Then again, I'm a Bangle fanboi.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
11/1/12 4:03 p.m.
kreb wrote: Then again, I'm a Bangle fanboi.

collect the whole set

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/1/12 4:04 p.m.

Did the guy who designed that post about it here?

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
11/1/12 4:42 p.m.

Yeah I believe he did. I like it then and I like it now.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
11/1/12 4:42 p.m.

I don't see it as all that Banglish. He wasn't the only one to have sculpted sides.

I don't see any provisions for a cage or real roll bar, but since they are talking about it being for the track I'm sure they have to be working on one.

I like it. Plain white definitely isn't it's color.

I have an S2000 done almost like that, except it's lacking a body. Now I know where to find one.

peter
peter HalfDork
11/1/12 4:45 p.m.

I find this body design far more appealing than what FFR has shown us of the 818. Yet the frame looks awfully minimalist. Wonder how stiff it is (both as a suspension platform and as an impact diverter).

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
11/1/12 6:32 p.m.

Eww...what's wrong with just a miata drivetrain plus locost body plus a windscreen, trailer fenders, and some basic lights? KISS...silly looking cars are silly

pimpm3
pimpm3 Reader
11/1/12 6:43 p.m.

It is similar in concept to the MEV Excocet, except it has a body. I saw the Excocet at the Petit Lemans in Atlanta and it was pretty compelling. I actually sat this black car and talked to the owner for about an hour.

It weighs in at about 1600 lbs and is actually better looking in person the the pictures. Not bad for $6600.00

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/1/12 7:04 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: (about the exocet) It weighs in at about 1600 lbs

That seems heavy for how minimalist it is.

VonSmallhausen
VonSmallhausen Reader
11/1/12 7:04 p.m.

Oh I really like that. I really do need my own garage.

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
11/1/12 7:06 p.m.

I love the idea of a Miata based kit. I don't think you can compare this to the 818. The skills that FFR brings is going to be hard to compete with for a company bringing their first kit to market. And doors would be great....

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
11/1/12 7:08 p.m.

Oh and here is the link, http://bauerltd.com/

Yap I check it everyday.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Reader
11/1/12 8:23 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
pimpm3 wrote: (about the exocet) It weighs in at about 1600 lbs
That seems heavy for how minimalist it is.

Sorry I meant 1400 pounds. I just looked it up on their website, I was going from memory in my initial post... The other cool thing with the Excocet is its few body panels come gelcoated in the color of your choice so you don't need to have it painted.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/1/12 8:26 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

Thanks, that makes more sense.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
11/1/12 9:16 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote: It is similar in concept to the MEV Excocet, except it has a body. I saw the Excocet at the Petit Lemans in Atlanta and it was pretty compelling. I actually sat this black car and talked to the owner for about an hour. It weighs in at about 1600 lbs and is actually better looking in person the the pictures. Not bad for $6600.00

Not sure why Mev insists/continues to build roll bars narrower than the people it should be protecting.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
11/1/12 9:27 p.m.

You'll find the Exocet is very impractical when compared to a closed fender body and while it's cool in it's own right, the aero severely limits top speed.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Reader
11/1/12 9:28 p.m.

The US market roll bar is way better then the stupid double hump roll bar from europe. It should be easy to make wider, but from memory I don't recall how the mounting would work in the back. It looked like a more substantial bar then several of the other kit cars out there.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/1/12 10:02 p.m.

It looks like it is limited in width by mounting the way many Miata roll bars mount-between the seat belt towers. Mounting to the floor gets you more width but you then you moved the bar forward to where the passengers heads need to be.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tgyLvmUROUj0JXDnWixS2uBbnAUbWGMkR894FBa3UiCaOMWDlJKh3GRtISBOFtMW