1 2 3
internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
6/25/08 8:53 p.m.
Nashco wrote: It's not sold (and he's not a buyer) until the cash is in hand....

Truth, even with a deposit some will flake out.
that being said I sold my Subie earlier today to someone who paid dam near my asking price. I'm still not 100% sure I should have sold the car, but it's gone now courtesy of CL.

GregTivo
GregTivo New Reader
6/25/08 9:42 p.m.
And now my buyer is getting slightly flaky - wants his mechanic to take a look at it. Grrrr....

probably got too excited when he was looking at it, then realized he should have someone qualified look the car over when he got home and calmed down. Probably not a big deal.

pigeon
pigeon New Reader
6/25/08 10:04 p.m.
Nashco wrote: It's not sold (and he's not a buyer) until the cash is in hand....

Silly me believing in a handshake deal. And I'm a lawyer - knew I should have gotten the deal in writing. He was willing but I didn't have any paper with me. Hopefully it'll work out - I disclosed all of the problems I knew of when asked. We'll see.

Scott

pigeon
pigeon New Reader
6/26/08 3:25 p.m.
pigeon wrote:
Silly me believing in a handshake deal. And I'm a lawyer - knew I should have gotten the deal in writing. He was willing but I didn't have any paper with me. Hopefully it'll work out - I disclosed all of the problems I knew of when asked. We'll see. Scott

Yep, he flaked out - couldn't get his loan. Who uses a 170k mile car as collateral on a loan?! I guess I'll put up a fresh listing, and also spend a couple bucks and put it on Autotrader.

Scott

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qFe7K5iEAKP5l4rUfo4PXFF2H6M119Euj4O87NCJ50EhtbV5XSwv66mUboHZzUVa