1 2
ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
4/16/09 2:39 p.m.
alex wrote:
Iggy wrote: kinda like a fancy grasspass.org for you west coast bourgeoisies
I'd be hard pressed to call anything that employs a plywood monocoque chassis 'fancy' or 'bourgeois.'

hehehe.. u said coque.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
4/16/09 5:27 p.m.

it really does sund cool though. and looks like lots of fun....

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
4/17/09 12:09 a.m.

I REALLY need to build one, i have a few mower engines sitting around

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
4/17/09 4:45 a.m.

Ya know, if I equipped it with the ability to hold a mower deck I could have a heck of a good time out on the lawn, and perhaps save money over the price of a new riding mower!

But honey, I'm SAVING money this time!

walterj
walterj Dork
4/17/09 8:48 a.m.
MTN bike disc brakes would be very easy to fab in, are not too expensive and should be able to handle the load

Why do that when axles and brakes for a racing kart are already abundant and cheap? Infact, hacking up a real kart to elongate the wheelbase and fabbing up a body and wheel hubs seems like a no-brainer... you get a bounty of gearing options, and all the pillowblocks to mount the axles... you can stay under the 2001 budget too... a wrecked cart is junk you can get for almost free. It doesn't seem to brake any of the rules except the brakes are hydraulic.

kreb
kreb Dork
3/25/11 1:31 p.m.

The coolest cyclecart that I can remember:

http://www.gittrevillegp.com/www.gittrevillegp.com/The_Cars/Pages/GN_200_Mile_Racer.html#3

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Dork
3/25/11 1:51 p.m.
ignorant wrote: kinda like a fancy grasspass.org for you west coast bourgeoisies

and I would have a hard time calling CT west coast... of the tracks in their directory the one closest to the west cost is Michigan...

oldtin
oldtin Dork
3/25/11 1:55 p.m.

I've got a spare nnja 250 engine. But thinking more like a shelsley walsh type cycle car or amilcar kinda contraption.

huge-O-chavez
huge-O-chavez SuperDork
3/25/11 2:02 p.m.
Capt Slow wrote:
ignorant wrote: kinda like a fancy grasspass.org for you west coast bourgeoisies
and I would have a hard time calling CT west coast... of the tracks in their directory the one closest to the west cost is Michigan...

no no.. Cyclekarts are west coast.... It was a joke I made a year ago.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 HalfDork
3/25/11 2:16 p.m.

From the dead! My sons () is about 1/2 done. Moving etc has taken its toll, but we now have a garage and I'm trying to get it done before his 8th B-day. Was supposed to be his 7th!

Took a little different tack- you couldn't get the torque converters, so I bought a chinese gy6 knock-off for $250 and am gearing it down. I just found last night that they have 9.5 hp!! Also found last night that Northern Tools now sells the torque converters again. Crap.

Regardless, it is going to be pretty cool. We're going for a Bugatti type 37 replica, but its going to be whatever the hell works.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Dork
3/25/11 2:44 p.m.

damm zombie thread snuck by me this time...

fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
12/6/11 12:23 p.m.

back from the dead... again!

http://www.txrxlabs.org/2011/12/05/project-spotlight-cyclekart/

Woody
Woody SuperDork
12/6/11 12:31 p.m.

Lots of win in that photo.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
12/6/11 12:35 p.m.

hot damn that looks fun!

imirk
imirk Reader
12/6/11 1:02 p.m.

has anyone done an auto union silver arrow?

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy HalfDork
12/6/11 5:49 p.m.

not quite a cycle cart... pre-dates the idea by a few decades.... but cycle and cart do fit this

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EMbO60tMcccK0wUhG8dkGQKjsLEPFZwpm76cVbrTxiWuEV5UdhmWoTfkWRDgFj0v