Jax2A
Jax2A HalfDork
9/10/08 6:54 a.m.

OK, I can't find something on the old board. There was a thread that discussed programs that read OBD codes via laptop interface. I'm looking for something that will work with three vehicles. Currently I only need it for one but I'm sure eventually I'll need something for the newer ones. The vehicles are a 1993 2.3L Mustang, 2002 Jeep Liberty and a 2004 Toyota Sienna mini-van. Is there one program that will read codes for all three?

autolex84
autolex84 New Reader
9/10/08 12:18 p.m.

Dont think you are going to get anything to read the Mustang (unless it is OBD), But the other two should be read just fine by ALL of the readers that are out there and OBD compliant.

Jax2A
Jax2A HalfDork
9/10/08 7:12 p.m.
autolex84 wrote: Dont think you are going to get anything to read the Mustang (unless it is OBD), But the other two should be read just fine by ALL of the readers that are out there and OBD compliant.

Yea, some more research on the EEC-IV shows that you can pull the codes using a jumper wire and counting the flashes of the check engine light.

Will still need something eventually for the newer cars.

erohslc
erohslc None
9/11/08 7:34 a.m.

I've used Alex Peper's tool on various ODB I/II cars with great success:

http://obd-2.com/

It'll read your 93 Mustang just fine. I believe he has a version to read damn near anything made. Not as fancy as some, it has a very grassroots kind of feel.

(NFI, etc.)

Carter Shore

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UQRSLAJcWo4yjcRdsw1enZzveLH426X1cZFwlPzeWJkgaL57hXnnlnd4a2EBTbsK