1 2
Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
12/30/13 12:18 p.m.
Mazda787b wrote: Keeping an old thread going is arguably better than starting new ones every few months when more speculation arises.. Scroll to near the end: http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=389383&start=80

Yeah, no kidding. But if Chrysler announced plans nearly 2 years ago for a Dart SRT and we haven't heard anything else, I'm going to file it in the "vaporware" category.

Mazda787b
Mazda787b Reader
12/30/13 12:45 p.m.

I know a few people who work @ Chrysler or a contractor in some capacity.

A lot of resources were dumped into getting the Cherokee launch right, and re-doing the LX cars for next? year. A hotter Dart is still to come. If you notice, what was once the "R/T" is now the GT. While I wouldn't bet on a SRT Dart exactly, we could still see a hotter R/T. Whether it's good or not is a completely different thing.

I'm much more interested in this new mid-size RWD that keeps being whispered about. We'll see what NAIAS has in store.

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
12/31/13 2:34 p.m.

Yeah, there are much more important things in the pipeline than a niche Dart trim level.

Personally, at this point i'd care more about an SRT Cherokee than an SRT Dart, but that's just a function of my apathy toward the Dart. It's a perfectly decent car, but it's nowhere near the level of some of chrysler's other current products.

kanaric
kanaric HalfDork
1/2/14 3:26 a.m.

i was excited for a second until i saw the date in the article, lol.

Also the "1.8" alfa romeo engine is actually called a 1.75l and usually labeled as a 1750. It was in the Giulietta QV and is in the 4c. The Dart is the Giulietta chassis so it using that engine makes sense.

The thing is it doesn't have 300hp in any form, it is 240hp at the highest. Here is it's torque curve:

Personally I would rather wait for Alfa to release the real car here and buy that unless this had AWD or something.

Here is a stock vs chip dyno for that engine that I managed to find.

I've driven a 4agte car before that had around 300whp and it had full boost by like 3500-3700rpm or so and that is a 1.6l. The thing is companies never put an appropriate sized turbo on mass production cars they always put conservative ones on for lower rpm torque, aside from some non USDM nissans that i know of, so we'll see. I don't see dodge doing that.

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
1/2/14 11:58 a.m.

An appropriate size turbo for a 1.6 in a 3000 lb car is one that DOES make boost before 4000 rpm.

Seriously, a 1.6 in a 3000 lb car without boost is E36 M3. You NEED early boost to make it not E36 M3.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KrLktFt37hul4uwGajqHRdNbKqSvsfreTyWkr9OcT12KVYACqCGPvbE9EbPtWoLm