I got mine using Firefox.

miatame
miatame HalfDork
5/30/14 7:50 a.m.

Deal seems dead...true?

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/3/14 7:56 p.m.

Woo-hoo! Got my can of gray metallic today. Can't wait to try it over my truck's rusty rear bumper!

stanger_missle
stanger_missle HalfDork
6/3/14 8:00 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

Did you get a shipping confirmation email? I've only received the initial email and that was 6 days ago. What carrier was it shipped through?

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/3/14 8:12 p.m.

I'll have to check. I did get a confirmation but didn't look too close. I think it was ups.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
6/3/14 8:36 p.m.

I finally got my shipping confirmation email today.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
6/3/14 8:38 p.m.

In reply to Woody: Is it an aerosol can? I picked the same color as you and just wondering.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/3/14 8:44 p.m.

In reply to nicksta43:

Yes aerosol.

dj06482
dj06482 Dork
6/3/14 8:57 p.m.

I also received mine today via FedEx.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle HalfDork
6/3/14 9:01 p.m.

I'm not good at this waiting game

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/3/14 11:52 p.m.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
6/3/14 11:58 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote:
aircooled wrote: uhmmmm.... soo... can you get it on your hotus?
For once, we want neither pics nor video.

Especially if you use the glow-in-the-dark stuff!

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
6/4/14 5:53 a.m.
nicksta43 wrote: I finally got my shipping confirmation email today.

got mine yesterday

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
6/4/14 1:00 p.m.

I emailed tech support regarding what a can will cover, they're claiming "Approximately 15sqft at 50% overlap."

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
6/4/14 1:48 p.m.

I got my can today.....my Challenge car will likely have yellow wheels.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
6/4/14 1:55 p.m.

Got my can today. Since I had no particular project in mind when I ordered it, I chose boring old 'burnout black'. The Mrs. says I should've gotten pink or orange.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
6/4/14 2:24 p.m.

mine came today

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/4/14 2:31 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: I just received my email confirmation! This offer is ideal because I can experiment on the Prelude before jumping in all the way.
aircooled said: 3 gallons to cover a typical car... that's get pretty pricey pretty quick.
The kit price for three gallons, prep, various application tools AND a sprayer is right there with the DipYourCar products. Because of name recognition, Eastwood needs to offer something at least as good as DYC if not demonstrably better.

I dunno, it could be argued that Eastwood has far better name recognition...

Armitage
Armitage Reader
6/4/14 3:08 p.m.

Thought #1: Don't spray it on too thin guys, if you don't get multiple coats of full coverage at least with Plastidip, it WILL NOT PEEL. Then you just have a big mess. Overspray similarly does not peel, so mask properly.

Thought #2: dipyourcar.com really were the ones who made this concept so popular by making it accessible and publishing dozens of youtube videos showing all the techniques. Now here come the knock-offs looking to capitalize on someone else's hard work. I'm okay with some competition in the space, but also feel it's kind of unfair for some big well established companies to move in on the little guy's start-up because they were so successful due to their terrific customer service.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
6/4/14 3:21 p.m.

re. Thought #2 … dipyourcar.com hasn't offered me a free bottle … plus I'd never heard of them 'til now

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/4/14 3:32 p.m.

Dipyourcar is well known in a certain subset of the community, but has nowhere near the reach that Eastwood does. Not all car guys drive cheap imports, which seems to be the main demographic for DYC.

Eastwood_Company
Eastwood_Company
6/4/14 5:26 p.m.

Hey guys and gals!

I'm a tech over at the Eastwood Company, my name is Sean by the way, and have been moderating and also been very in depth with our Elastiwrap project and wanted to say thanks for the support! I know I spoke to a few of you already over the phone or email.

But I'd like to make a request on everyone who participated in the free give away, for those of you doing projects, trying it out ect. I'd love to get content from you all. Photo's, videos, your projects that you're using the product on.

Feel free to shoot me a PM i'll give you my email and we can go from there. If you have any questions I'd also be happy to answer them

Thank you again for the support!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
6/4/14 5:36 p.m.

I wouldn't suggest extending that invitation to aircooled.

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi Reader
6/4/14 6:25 p.m.

Mine also got delivered today (Fedex). Can't wait to try it out on my wheels...

RexSeven
RexSeven UberDork
6/4/14 7:06 p.m.

Got mine today. I will need to make time to get the Mustang's bumper off so I can get to the upper grille.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qtl5tEHJsEXEq3W6ip4I33brDeZ4jn3X0PRQbcNMH92VbNc2UyLTWs0dmaYScrxL