Time change is next week

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
10/24/15 6:45 p.m.

Ticket spoken for, thanks for playing.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
10/24/15 9:34 p.m.

FYI, Saturday tickets are now being honored for Sunday.

http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/sunupdate

I just got back from the most incredible tour. Thanks to the quali postponement, our planned dinner with a half dozen Mercedes engineers got canceled. But we did get a couple of hours in the garage with Lewis' powertrain engineer going over EVERYTHING. Me, Janel and two friends. There wasn't anything he wouldn't answer. We were poring over the telemetry from the fastest FP3 lap and discussing everything from torque delivery after a shift to lambda spikes to power management strategies to what actually happened with that pit stop call in Monaco (hint: gps coverage in the principality is spotty) to how to tell if there's a rock stuck in one of the front wing elements. Also driving styles between Nico and Lewis. Stupendous.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
10/24/15 11:03 p.m.

COTA Website said:

All Saturday tickets will be honored on Sunday. Patrons may bring their Saturday tickets to one of the COTA Ticket Offices in the Grand Plaza or Main Grandstand to exchange for a comparable Sunday ticket. Exchanges are subject to availability and may not be exact same seat location. Upgrades may also be available based on availability.

Interesting, I was wondering how this would work. Because I'm sure there are a number of people who sold their Saturday tickets just planning to go on Sunday. Anybody who bought a ticket this morning really cheap could have gotten a great deal for tomorrow!

-Rob

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
10/25/15 4:57 a.m.

Hmmm. Good that they are doing that because if I were a fan and had bought a ticket for yesterday I would have been pissed off. But it also says something about how many tickets were sold overall that they even have the space to do that. My buddy will be happy because now he won't have to scalp a second ticket for his wife.

So waking up this morning to more rain. Looks like we are on the back edge of it now at least though. If you head out to the track today bring something warm. The winds are up and there are no wind breaks out there so once they get rolling it's pretty strong. Enjoy the race y'all. I'll be down at turn 10 right next to the JCB lift enjoying the show.

CharlesE
CharlesE New Reader
10/25/15 6:04 a.m.

In reply to all of you:

First....Stay safe everyone.

Second... Thanks to all for providing better coverage of the ongoing weather issues than any of the news services. It is appreciated.

Third.. Enjoy the day.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
10/25/15 6:51 a.m.

does anyone have any guess as to any TV coverage of qualifying this morning ?

rustysteel
rustysteel Reader
10/25/15 6:59 a.m.
wbjones wrote: does anyone have any guess as to any TV coverage of qualifying this morning ?

I was just thinking the same thing. I haven't found anything listed yet.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
10/25/15 7:03 a.m.

7 am and more horizontal rain at the track. Hope it rains itself out soon. Be careful if you park off any solid surface. It's a mess and you won't get out.

WB. I think I heard it's going to be on msnbc but don't quote me on it.

Well have to run. Time for the safety meeting.

Kylini
Kylini HalfDork
10/25/15 7:19 a.m.

Remember to wear your goggles and snorkel whenever P1 passes near your station. Better shot of TV coverage.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr SuperDork
10/25/15 8:08 a.m.

Any update in quali TV coverage?

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
10/25/15 8:11 a.m.

Edit. There are clear sky's on the horizon. The race should be drying or dry track. Little cold with the wind but the rain is a lot less.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
10/25/15 8:12 a.m.

Haha. I'm standing almost under the TV cam. If you are at the track, it's the turn 10 sign. I'm right there.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/25/15 8:19 a.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote: Any update in quali TV coverage?

NBC says that it will be on CNBC at 10AM EST. 9AM local. It will also be streaming.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
10/25/15 9:04 a.m.

Qualifying on CNBC right now.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
10/25/15 9:18 a.m.

They announced that teams are only allowed to use full wets until further notice. With only three sets of full wets per team, is there a potential that the race will see drivers on worn out tires? I'm sure Pirelli brings extra tires to an event, but do they have enough to give each team a full set?

-Rob

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
10/25/15 10:15 a.m.

According to our race engineer buddy, there's a minimum time allowed between quali and the race. I'll bet that's why Q3 got called.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
10/25/15 10:30 a.m.
bmw88rider wrote: Haha. I'm standing almost under the TV cam. If you are at the track, it's the turn 10 sign. I'm right there.

Right in the middle of all the action! What was the problem with Turn 10? Looked like a lot of drivers were having problems there.

oldsaw
oldsaw UltimaDork
10/25/15 10:32 a.m.

In reply to rob_lewis:

Matchett claims the rules prevent teams from using more than what is allocated. Maybe an exception could be made if there was unanimous team agreement but it only takes one dissenter to scuttle the idea.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr SuperDork
10/25/15 11:00 a.m.

Unless its what Ferrari wants.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
10/25/15 11:01 a.m.

There is a stream right there and as the hit the curbing on the inside they get a little light. Then the start sawing and sometimes they catch it other times the don't and spin. It's nasty out there. The track has puddles all over.

They tried to blow it off with the jet dry and now it's just as bad because the water is running downhill.

There were 7 spins out there for F1 qualifying.

Porsche super cups are next. They will probably be all over.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider Dork
10/25/15 1:26 p.m.

As predicted, rain has stopped and track is drying. For the first time all weekend, I don't have rain gear on. Should be all good.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
10/25/15 2:47 p.m.

Good stuff, earning their money today

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
10/25/15 2:49 p.m.

This race is exciting so far!!!!

-Rob

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/25/15 3:56 p.m.

That was a great race. So many passes, and so many times we saw these amazing drivers both make mistakes and some great passing moves.

And Hamilton gets World Champion!

Great to see the McLarens do so well, and SO close for Rossi to get a point. All things considered- that was a great race for him- he survived terrible conditions, and a lot of people making mistakes that took them out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hKGwFTBhpX9Ieu4XwL7lRDTXiQo1iFeGioMheolClEABboeek1OGiJ8BYpBGZYPU