JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
4/9/18 1:26 p.m.

Like stories like this? You’ll see every article as soon as it's published by reading the print edition of Grassroots Motorsports. Subscribe now.

Story By J.G. Pasterjak • Photos by Mark Langello

Whether or not you’re a fan of his music, you have to recognize Trent Reznor—the creative force be…

Read the rest of the story

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
4/9/18 1:45 p.m.

Awesome article JG!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
4/9/18 3:16 p.m.

When you walk into heaven, I imagine it goes something like this: "Here are the keys to your 962, here's an open track to play with and Brian Redman and Klaus Fischer to help with the car".  

JackOlsen
JackOlsen New Reader
4/9/18 3:25 p.m.

That's a fun idea for an article.  I've been lucky enough to drive both a 962 and a Spec Miata, and I'll agree that both are a lot of fun and fairly easy (relatively speaking) to drive.  The 962 will scare you a lot more.  It's one of the few street-legal-ish cars that will make a Miata seem very heavy.  :)

Kreb
Kreb UberDork
4/9/18 5:53 p.m.

Here's an idea. Detune the Porsche to 140 HP and run it against a  v8 Miata. I wonder what the difference in lap time would be?

te72
te72 New Reader
4/10/18 12:17 a.m.

Awesome though the 962 is, I can't help but feel it's living the in the shadow of the 917, especially some of the later developed cars. That said, I bet their speeds are surprisingly close in a lot of respects, despite the 917's ridiculous power levels.

Interesting concept for an article though. I'm sure on a track, my Supra would easily turn faster laps than my Miata, but I'd be willing to bet my laps would be far more consistent in the Miata. Sometimes, that consistency is what wins a race. Plus, the Miata is FAR less likely to give me headaches, if history is any indication haha.

stewdesignjts
stewdesignjts None
4/10/18 8:37 a.m.

Great job - enjoyed that article and further fueled efforts toward my goal of getting a SM.

holdenga
holdenga
4/10/18 9:06 a.m.

Nice article.  So good that I read it twice, and backwards once.

livinon2wheels
livinon2wheels New Reader
4/11/18 9:02 p.m.

Fine job writing that piece...and the comparison? I didn't think you could pull it off but not only did you, you did it in fine form. Outstanding!!!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mVgXApaNPSZcZ9H1SDEwXwj5qxZrXSAvpKQ9ONfvfDk2fydeTQpcphNFS4RI4CTj