aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/8/13 1:39 a.m.

This one should belong to someone here in a few days

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-Mazda-RX-7-Touring-Coupe-2-Door-1-3L-/321200291420?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ac9077e5c

The0retical
The0retical HalfDork
9/8/13 4:38 a.m.

Poor thing looks like it was put away wet too many times.

I bet it won't meet the reserve. People always want stupid money for FDs even in the worst condition. Though if it meets reserve below 5k I might be bidding.

Edit: Maybe not... Just read the " Electrical problem from trying to make a RHD " bit. Do not want.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/8/13 5:57 a.m.

Don't you have to be fairly small or Japanese to fit into one of those?

3brokenhondas
3brokenhondas New Reader
9/8/13 6:29 a.m.

Prettiest car made in a long long time.

SeanC
SeanC New Reader
9/8/13 6:36 a.m.

Shame it's in that condition at only 75k miles.

Toyman01
Toyman01 PowerDork
9/8/13 7:18 a.m.

RX-7 prices are getting out of this world. There were 2 FBs locally that went for over $5K in fair condition. A FD basket case will probably go for that much or more.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
9/8/13 11:21 a.m.
Woody wrote: Don't you have to be fairly small or Japanese to fit into one of those?

I'm 6' 175 and have tons of room in an FD. Had a friend that's 6'4'' never had trouble either.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
9/8/13 11:33 a.m.

Hrmmm... look what's in my shop right now.

http://db.tt/t17bPjwk

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
9/8/13 11:37 a.m.

Its really sad to see FD's like that.....

ShadowSix
ShadowSix HalfDork
9/8/13 11:49 a.m.
JtspellS wrote: Its really sad to see FD's like that.....

Sad, but not rare... It didn't help that they were fairly unreliable from the factory.

CarRamRod
CarRamRod New Reader
9/8/13 11:59 a.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke:

I barely fit in mine with a helmet on and mine doesn't have a sunroof. That and theres not a lot of space between my legs and the steering wheel. Also 6' 180 with a 32 inseam FWIW.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
9/8/13 9:32 p.m.

If you could turn a $2 hooker into a car, it'd look like that.

Joshua
Joshua Dork
9/8/13 10:13 p.m.

For a while retired Spec Rx7's were some of the cheapest road racers you could get... not sure if they still are though.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
9/9/13 8:08 a.m.
CarRamRod wrote: In reply to clutchsmoke: I barely fit in mine with a helmet on and mine doesn't have a sunroof. That and theres not a lot of space between my legs and the steering wheel. Also 6' 180 with a 32 inseam FWIW.

Well that's probably more accurate then. Last time I sat in an FD (no sunroof) was about 10 years ago. Seemed like a lot of room at the time.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/9/13 9:12 a.m.

yeah, theres an FC in an outdoor storage area (for boats and campers and such) near me, I see it several times a week. It has been sitting in the same spot, grass growing taller than the car, with its sunroof open, for about 6 years now. Makes me sad. For sale sign in the window states "For sale - $5k - does not run - needs pistons - call Jake: 513-xxx-6287".

I called Jake. Hes...difficult...to reason with. Tried negotiating on price. Jake is a dick.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/9/13 9:29 a.m.
ShadowSix wrote: Sad, but not rare... It didn't help that they were fairly unreliable from the factory.

They were reasonably reliable until idiot owners got ahold of them and cranked the boost on stock engines......

Steve, you have my approval.....just put a bridge ported 13b in it.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Dork
9/9/13 10:47 a.m.
Joshua wrote: For a while retired Spec Rx7's were some of the cheapest road racers you could get... not sure if they still are though.

Still are. There are a couple on the San Francisco craigslist right now.

Armitage
Armitage Reader
9/9/13 11:41 a.m.

6' 170 and had some helmet issues with my sunroof model. Taking some foam out of the seat solved that problem but left it stupid. Racing seats make everything better, except there are only a few models that fit unmodified without rubbing the door panels and they tend to run narrow. Steering wheel is not height adjustable. If you plan to run a roll bar, even with the seat as far back as it will go, those with long legs may not have enough room.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q9jZ3rSYmnMWNYxQvx56h7GKqPUZMDnGCcwcmwT7TuqgR6VBh8wGZXF6P3GJzTUS