1 2
gamby
gamby UltimaDork
8/1/14 10:17 a.m.

That episode doesn't appear to be re-running anytime soon, so who knows when I'll catch it.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Dork
8/1/14 11:31 a.m.

I'm a HUGE 356 fan and I was hoping it'd be silver. At least it wasn't black with red above the belt line etc.

Chip went into detail about how bad the car was. You could see through major sections of the body after it came back from media blasting. The car was trash so it could only have gotten better no matter what they did to it.

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
8/1/14 11:59 a.m.

While I have a serious hate for the Chris guy for all his "jokes".....I would love to hear that Overhaulin' stole my car. Like someone on here said, if they blow the rust out of it and stick in a V8....anything else is gravy.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/1/14 1:06 p.m.

In reply to ebonyandivory:

Yeah, I was a little concerned when they first started. I mean, who would want to restomod a 356? At least in the way they do it? But after I saw how trashed the car was, my opinion went from feeling sorry for the woman that owned it to figuring she was pretty lucky it went to him. Imagine what all that would have cost if you had to pay for it? If you could even find someone willing to do it. Plus, I thought it turned out pretty nice, although I'm not a fan of plaid...

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/1/14 2:11 p.m.

I saw this 356 when it was in the blaster's booth. Do you want to fix this when it gets rusty? I'd rather have a stock bodied restomod, but if Chip wants to get crazy on the rear window on the way to fixing my car, I'll let it slide.

photo PorscheClubJanuary007_zps3499a8fa.jpg

photo PorscheClubJanuary011_zps5a0735df.jpg

photo PorscheClubJanuary010_zpsdadb2c36.jpg

photo PorscheClubJanuary009_zps8457e819.jpg

photo PorscheClubJanuary008_zps847a0ed6.jpg

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tjKH5co6EnIT7IAA4UrYeSxYBXnuQMRziBWIHDjazrtPZljFuLkCI0POpfB0OqZF