Mr_Asa UltimaDork
1/26/24 7:42 p.m.
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/26/24 7:46 p.m.
TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/26/24 8:21 p.m.

That guy has a HUGE pair of very stupid balls. 

and now he'll get arrested because he wanted internetz clout. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/26/24 8:42 p.m.

Well if he gets busted, maybe he'll manage not to end his days as a smudge on someone's bumper.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
1/26/24 8:45 p.m.

How long woud that drive normally take?

CyberEric
CyberEric SuperDork
1/26/24 8:53 p.m.

Wow. 

A couple thoughts. He does not look to be wearing full leathers. Damn. I would definitely want that, just for the rock that hits him, let alone if I laid it down.

I love his reaction to the Rivian at the start. 

The fact that he is talking while doing a wheelie had me impressed. 

Lane splitting at 140mph and more is just nuts.

He didn't encounter a single cop in part 1 (I didn't watch part 2). 

My adrenaline was pumping just watching. Can't even imagine being the rider. 

Lastly, I hope he doesn't get hurt doing this stuff. 

CyberEric
CyberEric SuperDork
1/26/24 8:53 p.m.

He says it normally takes 45 minutes.

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
1/26/24 10:09 p.m.

Hopefully he waited long enough for the statute of limitations to pass, but as with many influencers, they gotta post edgy content asap for clout.
The funny one around here is the lap of our donut, I-465. I've seen it done on bikes in under 30min, IIRC it's around 60ish sketchy miles of expansion joints, blind curves, and heavy truck traffic. 

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
1/26/24 10:20 p.m.

In reply to CyberEric :

So an hour and a half for the rest of us mere mortals?

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
1/26/24 11:14 p.m.

Reminds me of that Russian youtuber "Ghost Rider"(?) from 15-20 years ago.  Nuts.

One lane change could have changed the headline and ended that guy.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/26/24 11:20 p.m.

berkeley this guy.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UberDork
1/26/24 11:40 p.m.
Appleseed said:

berkeley this guy.

Yep. It's just dumb. I ride. But while driving a car I've unknowingly nearly hit a few of these guys commuting to or from work. I check my mirrors and shoulder check almost always for lane changes, but when you carry that big of a speed differential and change lanes that rapidly? I had no clue they were there. I don't want to kill some reckless idiot because I changed lanes on the highway. And yes. The most gear they wear is a helmet 98% of the time.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UberDork
1/27/24 1:17 a.m.

I was physically nervous watching that because so many cars don't signal their lane changes in USA.

I like to keep my eyes and ears alert and would be looking to signal and get right if I saw and heard that bike closing on me.. which would probably kill his dumb ass (riding 170mph in a short sleeve t-shirt).

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/27/24 2:18 a.m.
Rodan said:

Reminds me of that Russian youtuber "Ghost Rider"(?) from 15-20 years ago.  Nuts.

One lane change could have changed the headline and ended that guy.

Swedish guy, he's started posting videos again recently in fact:

Mr_Sushi
Mr_Sushi New Reader
1/27/24 2:51 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
1/27/24 7:35 a.m.

In the late 1980s, a Senator named John Danforth from Missouri introduced a bill that would have banned high performance "killer motorcycles".  It didn't pass, but for those of us into sports bikes at the time, it was pretty worrying.  If we'd had youtube then, and idiots like Gixxer Brah, it would have had a much better chance of passing.  That kind of ban isn't really on the radar today, but this kind of crap will bring it back.  What he's doing is not only stupid, it's extremely dangerous to everyone around him.  With a speed differential of nearly 100mph, any crash is not only going to end him, it's highly likely to kill the poor schmuck in the car he hits, or cause a chain reaction collision with multiple vehicles.

Caperix
Caperix Reader
1/27/24 7:52 a.m.
Rodan said:

In the late 1980s, a Senator named John Danforth from Missouri introduced a bill that would have banned high performance "killer motorcycles".  It didn't pass, but for those of us into sports bikes at the time, it was pretty worrying.  If we'd had youtube then, and idiots like Gixxer Brah, it would have had a much better chance of passing.  That kind of ban isn't really on the radar today, but this kind of crap will bring it back.  What he's doing is not only stupid, it's extremely dangerous to everyone around him.  With a speed differential of nearly 100mph, any crash is not only going to end him, it's highly likely to kill the poor schmuck in the car he hits, or cause a chain reaction collision with multiple vehicles.

I would support a tiered lisecence system like many other countries use.  I spent 20 years riding around savannah GA & the number of military guys that said if you weigh more than 150 lbs a 600 won't move you was crazy.  Nothing like a new rider on a 200hp 1000 trying to show off in traffic

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/27/24 8:00 a.m.

Idiots like this E36M3head are why many in the general population hate anyone on two wheels.

There's a GRMer who was hit head-on by one of these smoothbrains a couple years ago.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/27/24 8:07 a.m.

I can understand someone taking it down.

docwyte
docwyte UltimaDork
1/27/24 8:15 a.m.

Depending on where in the Springs to where in Denver that's usually an hour to hour and a half drive.  For instance it takes me 1 1/4 hours to go from my house that's in the south Denver suburbs to my base in the Springs

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
1/27/24 8:17 a.m.

A friends mother got hit by a bike that was going at least twice the limit around a curve.  Her street is mid curve, she looked, saw nothing, pulled out and got hit so hard it rolled her car.  Totally not her fault and the biker lost his life.

This is why we have track days, let's push for more open events for these yahoos so they can get it out of their system and stay off the roads.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
1/27/24 10:13 a.m.
Caperix said:
Rodan said:

I would support a tiered lisecence system like many other countries use.  I spent 20 years riding around savannah GA & the number of military guys that said if you weigh more than 150 lbs a 600 won't move you was crazy.  Nothing like a new rider on a 200hp 1000 trying to show off in traffic

The guys I used to ride with would do 180 on i57 going north toward Chicago. They left me behind on a blackbird once and I've never ridden on the street since. My wife worked as a surgical nurse and she called me and said hey guess who is in here; first guess nailed it as the ring leader of that group. You get comfortable with yourself but it's everyone else around you that you can't ever be comfortable with unless your on a track.

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
1/27/24 11:18 a.m.
Mr_Sushi said:

... he's said previously he doesn't mind if he goes out while riding and that at least he's doing what he loves...

He's cherry-picking, conveniently ignoring the very real possibility of ending up severely injured/paralyzed instead of being dead. He's also apparently doesn't care about what happens to the people in any car he hits.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Publisher
1/27/24 11:34 a.m.

Wow. Nevermind how stupid it is--how is he comfortable going 160 in ripped jeans and street shoes? Insane. 

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress Dork
1/27/24 11:43 a.m.
Mr_Sushi said:... he's said previously he doesn't mind if he goes out while riding and that at least he's doing what he loves...

I don't care if he kills himself riding either. What I do care about is that he's putting everybody else in danger. 

CO police need to subpeoena Google/Youtube and then his wireless carrier and throw the book at him. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kUhiD8cV1E552gUxChRQooj4AnKm1FTe2tyVjblpXJ4kBdOwIDgHtSNchg54E6CH