1 2 3
mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi Reader
7/6/12 4:56 p.m.

All over New England, you say Tim? Will you be attending the ALMS race at Lime Rock this weekend?

Edit - I suppose its not exactly New England, but close enough...

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
7/6/12 8:48 p.m.
Dude, your mom's Taurus sounds awesome! I bet she's never even had to change the clutch.

Eh? Im pretty sure if you compared the current ownership demographics of each car you'd find more moms in the Subaru camp. lol

fifty
fifty Reader
7/6/12 9:27 p.m.
Vigo wrote:
Dude, your mom's Taurus sounds awesome! I bet she's never even had to change the clutch.
Eh? Im pretty sure if you compared the current ownership demographics of each car you'd find more moms in the Subaru camp. lol

Most lesbians aren't moms.

I just refreshed the suspension of my 05 WRX with Koni Sport inserts (~$620 for 4, on sale) and used STI springs (bought locally for $75)

The Koni inserts required cutting the tops off the existing OEM struts (semi-PITA). The STI springs have a 50% higher spring rate than the Impreza / WRX units and maintain the stock ride height.

I also added crash bolts to the front struts ($25 on ebay for 4, I only needed 2) which yielded 3 degrees on negative camber at the front.

Wow! Really woke the car up. It's comfortable enough to drive all day, but it really hugs a curve. I ran it locally last weekend in STX with the Konis on full stiff and it was a hoot. The car has 110,000 miles and i was bent on trading it, but with the new suspension I'm hooked again.

So now I'm looking at sway bars - any recommendations on diameter? I've seen front bars as thick as 27mm - what's a good increase from stock (20mm F and R IIRC) that still gives a comfortable ride on the streets?

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
7/7/12 12:14 p.m.
Most lesbians aren't moms.

Bwahaha. Love it.

We're all on the same side.. I woulda bought that car too. :)

Woody
Woody UltimaDork
7/7/12 12:36 p.m.

When I had my 2004, I kept the front bar stock and added a fat rear bar from IPD/Subie Solutions/SSI. It made a big difference, but I had to replace the Grade 8 bolts (through the bushings) once per year because they would begin to strip and clunk in corners.

sammage
sammage New Reader
7/8/12 8:15 p.m.

Cusco or Whiteline 27mm adjustable rear should do. Kartboy sway bar end links would compliment it nicely.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2QaOqhItYRbk2gE7zxE0VpR4Vbsna6GEMEvrVIbuDSStTDPDaQRtGVeIe4cmrWVu