3 4 5
gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/19/09 12:17 a.m.
Luke wrote:
Schermerica wrote:
problemaddict wrote: Tuckin'99 Flares = $775 http://rev9autosport.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_27&products_id=115 gawd they look good, tho....
That looks mind-blowing though.
Don't forget the $2000+ you'd have to spend on wheels to fill out those flares.

I could almost justify it. They look SO badass. Sometimes, if a car just looks badass, it's good enough for me.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/19/09 12:19 a.m.
Carson wrote: That said, here's my entry for manliest Miata:

I used to auto-x w/ that guy. Really nice/funny dude who was a maniac on an auto-x course.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
1/19/09 9:42 a.m.
joey48442 wrote: So, Chris doesnt own it anymore? I met Chris at an autocross out here, near Detroit. Neat car, Its just...not really my thing. Joey

It was on its way to California when I saw it, and my understanding was that it was under new ownership.

Autolex
Autolex Reader
1/19/09 10:08 a.m.
dean1484 wrote: I like this car. (from the readers rides here at GRM)

You should see it now! It has a Hard Dog Roll bar, a Hard top and 13x9's with hoosier 255/40/13 A6's on it! (I'll go out and take a picture of it so that you all can see if you want!)

Autolex
Autolex Reader
1/19/09 10:11 a.m.
Salanis wrote: You want your friends to think your Miata is manly and badass? Hang out at auto-x and track days, and make friends there. You'll have a bunch of friends who will tell you what a wonderfully manly car your Miata is. Or bring your friends along and show them why the Miata is manly and badass. And spread the fever. Oh, my dad just did his first track day and decided he *really* likes the Miata.

or better yet, do what I did, and invite them out autocrossing with you (and pay their fee's like I did), and destroy mullet mobiles and 300c's on 24's because you can DRIVE better than they can!

Josh
Josh Reader
1/19/09 11:04 a.m.

So if you'll only drive sufficiently "manly" cars, does that mean you're into men?

billy3esq
billy3esq Dork
1/19/09 11:14 a.m.
Josh wrote: So if you'll only drive sufficiently "manly" cars, does that mean you're into men?

A variation of that line delivered to a redneck in a lifted 4x4 who was giving me E36 M3 about my Miata being a girly car probably would've gotten my @$$ kicked had I not already been in said Miata with the engine running at the time.

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
1/19/09 11:57 a.m.

If you think about it a stock Miata is one of the manliest cars around. Guys will stay away because they think it's a girly car (failsauce) and the girls will think you have a cute car and want rides in it, thus getting you the girls.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Reader
1/19/09 3:21 p.m.

Real men drive whatever they want to drive. Of course, so do not-so-manly men ...

dean1484
dean1484 HalfDork
1/19/09 4:53 p.m.

The wood factor is quite high with this one. Ya I suspect it is a drift car but I like the look.

Just type in "bad a$$ miata" in to google (with out the quotes and you will get a ton of eye candy

And another

Me likes very much this thing called a "Manley Miata"

dean1484
dean1484 HalfDork
1/19/09 4:55 p.m.
Autolex wrote:
dean1484 wrote: I like this car. (from the readers rides here at GRM)
You should see it now! It has a Hard Dog Roll bar, a Hard top and 13x9's with hoosier 255/40/13 A6's on it! (I'll go out and take a picture of it so that you all can see if you want!)

I hope you did not mess with that paint job!!!!

Keith
Keith SuperDork
1/19/09 6:45 p.m.

Dean, that's the same car that was posted earlier. The "black car" we've been talking about.

Travis_K
Travis_K Reader
1/19/09 7:05 p.m.

I saw a camo painted miata a couple of days ago. It was slammed on steel wheels with non matching tires though. lol

Autolex
Autolex Reader
2/18/09 10:16 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: I hope you did not mess with that paint job!!!!

Of Course NOT! (actually, now it has a matching flat black hardtop!)

The poster formally known as 96DXCivic
The poster formally known as 96DXCivic SuperDork
11/30/10 2:25 p.m.
RXBeetle wrote: I think this fits the recipe. Lowered, roll bar, front lip, nice wheels, some battle scars and appropriate paint scheme

Oh my god!!!! Do want!

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
11/30/10 3:58 p.m.

The hardest thing I've found about driving a Miata is explaining to my parents that I'm gay.

JoeyM
JoeyM Dork
11/30/10 4:14 p.m.

Holy zombie thread, Batman!

pres589
pres589 HalfDork
11/30/10 4:21 p.m.

I would think that an early 1.6 car with a bad top should be cheap to source... and easier to rationalize cutting the windshield off of.

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rODL3pWu5wWemHMOkBU06OV2aw0gbQRqO0EnV573brVl1sJ37nXYK9FuRdg75omJ