ill take it to the next level... ill give you $30 for the Aspire

grimmelshanks
grimmelshanks New Reader
3/31/10 5:48 p.m.

:-( dude not cool i just got one-upped

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Dork
3/31/10 5:50 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: ill take it to the next level... ill give you $30 for the Aspire

I'd hate to break a 20. I'll give you the 2 twenty dollar bills I currently have in my wallet.

4eyes
4eyes Reader
3/31/10 5:52 p.m.

Is an Aspire what happens when you light a fart?

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
3/31/10 5:52 p.m.
jwdmotorsports wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: ill take it to the next level... ill give you $30 for the Aspire
I'd hate to break a 20. I'll give you the 2 twenty dollar bills I currently have in my wallet.

grimmelshanks
grimmelshanks New Reader
3/31/10 5:58 p.m.

^hhahahahahaha!

The_Jed
The_Jed Reader
3/31/10 6:03 p.m.

In reply to Capt Slow:

Do want! I just checked the price to ship your car to me... approximately $1,000.

You wouldn't happen to know anyone with a trailer who is headed east, would you?

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Dork
3/31/10 6:24 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: $20 isn't even enough to take your wife out to lunch, much less a girl friend

simple, good Sir. the Xwife can go to a vending machine. While the girl friend and I go get some steaks from the store

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
3/31/10 7:07 p.m.

The suby has two problems:

1) I got the automatic transmission rebuilt. Shortly after it was fixed the center diff starting whining big time. Since the center diff is integrated into the trans it will need a replacement transmission (its an auto).

2) I got seriously pissed after the center diff went out and I parked the car. I has been sitting since 2006. Up until late 2008 I used to start it up periodically and run the engine for a good long time to keep every thing lubed up and ok. At the end of '08 it stopped starting. I don't think its a sign of anything catastrophic Its cranks over just find, its acting like its not getting any gas. I would guess the gas in the tank has gone bad and plugged up the fuel filter.

Aside from that there are numerous cosmetic issues that stem from it being an old beater of a Subaru. Notably it has a large dent in one door and a cracked windshield. Its currently registered as a non-op vehicle.

I cant get motivated to work on this car myself but I would love to see it go to a fellow GRMer. I had always thought it would be a good start for a lemons car...

As I said earlier you need to bring your own rims and a trailer and its all yours.

If you decided to PM me let me know, my spam filter is really strict and your message will be trashed if I don't know to look for it.

At this point you have right of first refusal, if anyone else is interested let me know...

DukeOfUndersteer
3/31/10 7:16 p.m.

if that subie was on this side of the country, id be lining up a truck and trailer about now...

gigolojoe
gigolojoe New Reader
3/31/10 8:12 p.m.
Volksroddin wrote:
carguy123 wrote: $20 isn't even enough to take your wife out to lunch, much less a girl friend
simple, good Sir. the Xwife can go to a vending machine. While the girl friend and I go get some steaks from the store

+1

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/31/10 8:59 p.m.

I may have to start a bidding war for the Aspire in July when the tags run out.

The bidding will start at the 40 dollars that I have been offered now.

In all seriousness though, I do need the car for a little longer. At least 3-4 more weeks. I tell ya what. Any ATL natives who will assist me in getting the MkIII running and passing emissions, can HAVE the car for the 20 dollars and a sixer of beer every time they come to help.

This car is totally worth it, new CV's, new front right brake caliper, new (used) brake booster. Runs great...maybe a bit loud.

Raze
Raze HalfDork
3/31/10 9:03 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: I want that subie even though it's on the other side of the country, i'll be lining up a truck and trailer now...

Fixed...

Raze
Raze HalfDork
3/31/10 9:04 p.m.

Sir Duke, I think smoky and the bandit would be sweet, I could put a 'light' on top of the XR and chase you around Atlanta, at the speed of slow...

Carson
Carson Dork
3/31/10 9:52 p.m.
Powar wrote: I'll sell this '72 96 to you for $20. I need to get it out of my driveway.

You needn't tempt me with any SAAB 96s of any condition for any small amount of money.

Whenever you want to get rid of a complete 96 (or that 97 I've seen you unknowingly taunt me with, but not the 95, wife says, "no"), let me know, hopefully I'll have the space for it and the money to compensate you.

RedS13Coupe
RedS13Coupe Reader
3/31/10 10:45 p.m.
WilberM3 wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote: canoe = Forum spam
that part i got. but google searches just result in outdoor activities, and ive never seen it on any other board.

When we started getting the spammers coming more often I don't think we had a report button.

The staff wanted some way for people to mark spam, so they came up with using a keyword that they could use a search for and wanted one that likely would not come up in discussion too often.

And Canoe was born.

DukeOfUndersteer
4/1/10 7:30 a.m.
Raze wrote: Sir Duke, I think smoky and the bandit would be sweet, I could put a 'light' on top of the XR and chase you around Atlanta, at the speed of slow...

will you be saying "Sonbitch" or "Scumbum"?

Raze
Raze HalfDork
4/1/10 8:01 a.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:
Raze wrote: Sir Duke, I think smoky and the bandit would be sweet, I could put a 'light' on top of the XR and chase you around Atlanta, at the speed of slow...

you mean "Sumbitch" you Sumbitch

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
4/1/10 8:08 a.m.
Capt Slow wrote: Seriously??? an aspire over this: I am even in the bay area! I guess I can take solace in the fact that the competition runs and mine does not...

I wish you were closer.

I've got a complete excellent running wagon with a beat up body, plus a WRX 2.0T looking for a home.

DukeOfUndersteer
4/1/10 8:09 a.m.
Raze wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:

whos gonna hold your hat while you drive?

Raze
Raze HalfDork
4/1/10 8:38 a.m.

My dog, Bandit, oh wait, that doesn't make sense...

The_Jed
The_Jed Reader
4/1/10 6:45 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
Capt Slow wrote: Seriously??? an aspire over this: I am even in the bay area! I guess I can take solace in the fact that the competition runs and mine does not...
I wish you were closer. I've got a complete excellent running wagon with a beat up body, plus a WRX 2.0T looking for a home.

I wish both of you were closer and I had more money.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
4/1/10 7:49 p.m.
Raze wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:

"Boy I aughta' boil yo' ass in molasses!"

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo Reader
4/1/10 10:30 p.m.
Raze wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:
maroon92 wrote: Fly in to Atlanta and drive my Aspire home for 20$. I swear it would be the most fun road trip you have ever been on. It will last the whole trip, I guarantee it. You can seriously have it for 20$ as long as you promise to take awesomely epic pictures of the road trip. I don't feel like getting it titled in GA, and after I get the supra running, it will just be lawn art.
i will buy your Aspire and take awesome pictures getting home up to Cumming!
I think you need to fulfill some 'challenges' along the way, I forsee running redlight cameras w/o a tag on (just for kicks) Peachtree and Lenox would be epic, I think driving 1 full circut of 285 (Atlanta's Nurenburg) in the fast lane at 45mph, getting pictures of you and the car on MLK after dark, take it to the Varsity and get drive in, if you could squeeze it through the posts and onto centennial that would be worth the trip to jail, though Fulton County isn't exactly the best place, run the toll booth without tags on 400, hmmmm....

EPIC!!!!!!!

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo Reader
4/1/10 10:36 p.m.
maroon92 wrote:
Raze wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote:
"Boy I aughta' boil yo' ass in molasses!"

I'll be the snowman with my caravan towing my chevy pick up bed trailer... Just need a volunteer to fill it up with beer!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xesMiNIP9fbqqSqP8zuHURAnfZFml3NfGWqAsXqoQzzKs3zbieizqiMKTlu7ceSw