Markde
Markde New Reader
8/2/13 7:25 a.m.

Worth the extra cash over cheap stockers? Will occasionally tow a small boat with the vehicle, and the brakes currently SUCK.

Already have new quality rotors on the shelf. Any other sub-$100 recommendations to improve braking?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
8/2/13 7:35 a.m.

I have them on my Sierra. Fantastic bite, good fade and they are quiet. The downside is they dust pretty heavy under heavy use.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
8/2/13 7:51 a.m.

work really well on my 4runner. didn't notice worse dusting than stock

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
8/2/13 7:57 a.m.

Duralast Golds! They work great for the XJ that posted the FTD at the $2012 Challenge autocross, so that should be good enough for light towing.

zeeguy
zeeguy New Reader
8/2/13 8:31 a.m.

Have them on my GMC p/u. They work great. Have accepted the fact that I need to wash the front wheels once a month to get the dust off.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/2/13 9:10 a.m.
SilverFleet wrote: Duralast Golds! They work great for the XJ that posted the FTD at the $2012 Challenge autocross, so that should be good enough for light towing.

Honestly... i think i use the Advance equivalent on my XJ... the Wearever Golds or whatever.

I have no complaints with the brakes on the truck. It'll damn near dig its nose into the ground.

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
8/2/13 11:41 a.m.

All of my complaints with Cherokee braking have to do with going way too fast in a jeep, or towing. I looked into cherokee brake upgrades a while back and it seemed like the major points were A. rear disc swap from a grand cherokee, B. Front disc upgrade which requires a fair amount of stuff to work, and C. On an early jeep, use the brake booster from a 96-up.

Which is honestly kind of meh. Im used to having way more factory mix and match upgrades with less work put into them, but hey, at least there ARE junkyard options!

PseudoSport
PseudoSport HalfDork
8/2/13 12:03 p.m.

What year XJ? I've done the 96+ dual diaphragm booster swap twice on early ones and it was a nice improvement.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RVIqHmbc9aHBEXDVAvbw4CSNqiqTpmlXFcBhQs6AgyyIscxrN1ffHi2JrgFaQ8uw