1 2
mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/13/13 6:23 p.m.

Those will look good on an xB. Hopefully he bites.

bgkast
bgkast Reader
5/13/13 6:56 p.m.

I just got a set of these for $365

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
5/13/13 7:22 p.m.

I'd love to put a set of wheels on my wife's 2013 XB, but it's got those goddammed low pressure sensors to deal with. Mother F'er do I HATE new cars. Anybody remember the good ole days when you did the thinking instead of the car doing it itself? Grrrrrrr!

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/13/13 7:25 p.m.

I have TPMS for my ms3- still on the factory wheels in the garage. Remember the days when fixing a CEL with electrical tape was considered legitimate mechanicing? Still is in my world.

PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
5/13/13 8:01 p.m.

Yes

Mmadness
Mmadness Reader
5/13/13 8:30 p.m.
Aeromoto wrote: I'd love to put a set of wheels on my wife's 2013 XB, but it's got those goddammed low pressure sensors to deal with. Mother F'er do I HATE new cars. Anybody remember the good ole days when you did the thinking instead of the car doing it itself? Grrrrrrr!

Actually you don't need the TPMS sensors. In terms of benefit vs. cost and hassle, TPMS sensors score pretty darn low in my book. If you really feel like you need them, you can purchase a set of Valve Stem caps that turn red when the pressure drops bellow a certain level ($6 at Walmart). Recently, I've seen lighted versions of this (on eBay) that flash a red LED light when the pressure drops.

Mmadness
Mmadness Reader
5/13/13 8:31 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Remember the days when fixing a CEL with electrical tape was considered legitimate mechanicing? Still is in my world.

Works on (missing) TPMS sensors to.

Jamesc2123
Jamesc2123 Reader
5/13/13 8:37 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I have TPMS for my ms3- still on the factory wheels in the garage. Remember the days when fixing a CEL with electrical tape was considered legitimate mechanicing? Still is in my world.

I would throw the sensors into a sealed pvc pipe with a valve stem, pressurize to proper PSI, then throw them in the trunk for all eternity.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
5/13/13 10:16 p.m.
Mmadness wrote:
Aeromoto wrote: I'd love to put a set of wheels on my wife's 2013 XB, but it's got those goddammed low pressure sensors to deal with. Mother F'er do I HATE new cars. Anybody remember the good ole days when you did the thinking instead of the car doing it itself? Grrrrrrr!
Actually you don't need the TPMS sensors. In terms of benefit vs. cost and hassle, TPMS sensors score pretty darn low in my book. If you really feel like you need them, you can purchase a set of Valve Stem caps that turn red when the pressure drops bellow a certain level ($6 at Walmart). Recently, I've seen lighted versions of this (on eBay) that flash a red LED light when the pressure drops.

To be honest my main concern with the disabling the TPMS sensors is somehow voiding the warranty on the car. We bought the 5 year warranty, I don't want to flush it down the toilet

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica New Reader
5/13/13 10:44 p.m.

Came in for Rota Shakotans, well done GRM!

Now I'm thinking (in terms of budget-minded, mad JDM tyte yo) alternates in 15x7-8" and 4x100 there's:

League LG-195

Rota CK

Ehh. FWIW, they look pretty great on Revolutions. This one is a little over the top with the stretch in the rear, but it's still fairly warm if not completely unusably low:

curtis73
curtis73 UltraDork
5/14/13 9:24 a.m.
mndsm wrote: Those will look good on an xB. Hopefully he bites.

No bite yet, but it hasn't been very long since I emailed. Truth is, I wouldn't mind some older ones that needed some refinishing (as long as they're straight) but finding them locally is a big bonus.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
5/14/13 9:27 a.m.
Jamesc2123 wrote:
mndsm wrote: I have TPMS for my ms3- still on the factory wheels in the garage. Remember the days when fixing a CEL with electrical tape was considered legitimate mechanicing? Still is in my world.
I would throw the sensors into a sealed pvc pipe with a valve stem, pressurize to proper PSI, then throw them in the trunk for all eternity.

This is an EXCELLENT IDEA. I shall investigate.

OSULemon
OSULemon New Reader
5/14/13 9:58 a.m.

speedblind
speedblind HalfDork
5/14/13 10:00 a.m.
PHeller wrote: Yes

Wow. Yes.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eZbQxgXHqxiXeZj273jAMxEM8QDhXdrFaHSQyZX70NGCgGRp8I61EqBWpmEnbfFN