Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/8/24 11:33 a.m.
feature_image

We know the power outputs and the zero-to-60 times, but now, Dodge has finally given us the starting MSRP for its all-new, electrified Charger: $59,595.

That price tag gets you the R/T trim, good for 465 horsepower and 404 lb.-ft. of torque.

For those looking to get the full 630 horsepower and 62…

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
8/8/24 11:37 a.m.

For those curious, here's the list of packages for the 2024 Charger:

Plus Group ($4,995)

• Leatherette low back bucket seats with ventilation (R/T)
  • Leather high-back bucket seats with ventilation (Scat Pack)
  • Optional Demonic Red seat color ($495)
  • Premium IP and door trim panels
  • 16-inch color driver display (R/T, standard on Scat Pack)
  • Deluxe security alarm (R/T, standard on Scat Pack)
  • Power hatch
  • Attitude Adjustment lighting
  • Head-up Display (R/T, standard on Scat Pack)
  • 360-degree surround view camera
  • Frunk
  • Wireless charging pad
  • Premium LED headlamps
  • Exterior mirrors with Dodge logo puddle lamp
  • 20-by-9-inch aluminum wheels (on R/T)
  • Much more additional content

Blacktop - R/T ($1,095)

• Dark exterior badges
  • 20-by-9-inch Dark Aluminum wheels with 255/45R20XL Nexen tires
  • 20-by-10-inch Dark Aluminum wheels with 275/40ZR20XL Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season tires (with Plus Package)

Sun & Sound ($2,495)

• Full glass roof
  • 18-speaker Alpine PRO audio system with subwoofer

Carbon & Suede - Scat Pack ($2,995)

• Leather/suede high-back performance seats
  • Door panel with carbon-fiber insert
  • Instrument panel with carbon fiber and suede
  • Suede headliner and A-pillars
  • Carbon-fiber exterior mirrors
  • Dark exterior badging
  • 20-by-11-inch Dark Aluminum wheels
  • Much more additional content

3-Season Tires $695 (Scat Pack)

• 305/35ZR20XL Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 – front tires
  • 325/35ZR20 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 – rear tires
Coniglio Rampante
Coniglio Rampante Reader
8/8/24 11:56 a.m.

Just as I was reading that and thinking "boy, the future is sure going to be an expensive place to live" I also saw a lot of what is included that I wouldn't even want, but helps drive up the price.

If Chrysler can sell every last one of them, good for Chrysler, its shareholders, employees, and the suppliers.

Cars like this make me really want to see what VW finally does with that EV GTI concept that GRM and others reported on some months ago and hopefully it won't be completely berkleyed up.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
8/8/24 12:53 p.m.

Elsewhere they announced the only colors available would be black, silver, and white. This is not starting off on the right foot.

DavyZ
DavyZ Reader
8/8/24 2:41 p.m.

I am less than thrilled about an EV version of this car.  My daughter has a 6 cyl version and I am unimpressed with respect to the steering which feels numb and 'detached' from the road for me.  The one redeeming quality about the car is the engine.  Take away any sounds and vibrations and you have a really cheap Tesla.  Not for me.  

Colin Wood
8/8/24 3:51 p.m.

In reply to DavyZ :

While the focus has definitely been on the electric Charger (heh, electric charger), I'm eager to see more of the gas-powered models later next year.

Yeah, it's an inline-six, but 550 horsepower (a 420-horsepower model is also planned) seems like plenty to have fun.

Side note: I think I prefer the looks of the four-door model over the two-door.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
8/8/24 4:41 p.m.

Of course, the prices don't include the 'dealer adjustment' markups that will be added.

APEowner
APEowner UltraDork
8/8/24 6:45 p.m.

I remember all of the angst about ruining the brand and disrespecting the legacy when the four door Chargers came out.  I was as upset as some by that but I was one of those who questioned the decision.  Now, I'm with Colin in preferring the four door.  Of course I'm 18 years older now than I was then so my tastes have um, matured so that may be a factor.

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS HalfDork
8/8/24 6:50 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

Of course, the prices don't include the 'dealer adjustment' markups that will be added.

its an EV, EVs usually get blown out...  Look at the i4, Mach E, Lucid Air... If the powers that be are smart they will offer short term leases that pack the rebates in up front to lower lease payments.  It'll allow the dealerships to back in extra profit with the public none the wiser.  

GCrites
GCrites Dork
8/8/24 8:23 p.m.
Colin Wood said:

In reply to DavyZ :

While the focus has definitely been on the electric Charger (heh, electric charger), I'm eager to see more of the gas-powered models later next year.

Yeah, it's an inline-six, but 550 horsepower (a 420-horsepower model is also planned) seems like plenty to have fun.

Side note: I think I prefer the looks of the four-door model over the two-door.

Most cars available in recent years in both 2-door and 4-door configuration are designed as 4-doors first and 2-doors second in contrast to the past where the 4-door often looked a little goofy (say the roof seemed too high in the rear for example). I'm talking about same models rather than just shared platforms. Take '90s Civics vs. 10th Gens. The 2-doors IMO look a lot better on the old car but I might as well get the 4-door when it comes to the 10th Gen since the 2-door doesn't really look that much sportier and is harder to deal with on a daily basis.

sevenracer
sevenracer HalfDork
8/8/24 9:04 p.m.

Styling looks good.  Pricing looks pretty bad - base price more than a Model 3 performance. Not sure how they justify that.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
8/8/24 9:54 p.m.
APEowner said:

I remember all of the angst about ruining the brand and disrespecting the legacy when the four door Chargers came out.  

Which I found hilarious because the Charger was a FWD 4-banger econobox in the 80s. 

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
8/8/24 10:00 p.m.

Extra $5000 just to get the frunk? What are they going to do, weld it shut if you don't pony up?

Ya ya, other stuff in the package, but seriously?

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
8/8/24 10:40 p.m.

Do we have any idea of curb weight?  The old Charger was heavy and had body lean, but the Hellcat was impressive despite the size.  Wonder if the new one is even heavier, though a lower COG should help. 

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
8/9/24 8:16 a.m.
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) said:

Do we have any idea of curb weight?  The old Charger was heavy and had body lean, but the Hellcat was impressive despite the size.  Wonder if the new one is even heavier, though a lower COG should help. 

The preliminary specs say the car weighs 5838 pounds.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
8/9/24 8:28 a.m.

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

surprise

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
8/9/24 9:13 a.m.

At those prices, I predict that many of these will be sitting on dealer lots for a while. It doesn't matter what it does, how cool it is, or what simulated sounds it makes: the people that want a Mopar "muscle car" are not the same buyers as the ones going for premium luxury/performance EVs

I'll wait and see on the gas models and how the pricing is on those. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/9/24 9:24 a.m.

Aren't they still sitting on Hellcats and scat pack cars they can't sell now, and they want to INCREASE the price? 

I'm no math wizard, but.....this math doesn't math. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
8/11/24 9:11 a.m.
Mndsm said:

I'm no math wizard, but.....this math doesn't math. 

I just saw the Canadian price will be $54k, which, by my math equals $39k in freedom dollars. Hmm 

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/11/24 9:26 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Most vehicles are overpriced by 30-40% so they are on trend. I'm not the core audience for these so it really doesn't matter to me, but yeah, they need to undercut Tesla by a decent margin.

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
8/11/24 12:04 p.m.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the new Charger EVs. They'll be different, for sure, but as of right now they're the only true muscle car EV. Can those words go together? That's the question. I'm hopeful to drive one sometime. 

Colin Wood
8/11/24 12:22 p.m.

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

I'll hold my final judgement until we take one around the FIRM 😉

GCrites
GCrites Dork
8/11/24 1:16 p.m.

Unless they've come up with some crazy new tire tech these things are going to gobble tires. Maybe as it should be.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/11/24 4:12 p.m.

A car I have no need for but oh ya, I want one. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
weyiYGZtJX4j7NVVsAbjixGncauBkDHt5XFhLrYHuFou25nz6AkRQccqBM3L6uPp