1 2 3 4
adam525i
adam525i SuperDork
3/15/24 6:15 p.m.

The hella's in my E28 are still in good shape but one rock can change that. We will see what the local Toyota dealer wants for them here in Ontario.

Now someone dig up a matching set of 5 3/4" H1s and I'll really be set. 

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/15/24 6:42 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Looks to be a good car. Not far from me. Let me know If I can enable. Edit: I had a '75 in that color in '78. It looks really good on them.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/15/24 7:24 p.m.

In reply to NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) :

My ship is still on the water. I'll let you know when it comes in. 🤘🏻😎

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/15/24 7:49 p.m.

You can barely touch a relay and connector for $18...

adam525i
adam525i SuperDork
3/15/24 8:02 p.m.

$30.58 CAD at Heffner Toyota in Kitchener, Ontario for those wondering about Canada, available in a few days. I think I'll order a set.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
3/15/24 9:31 p.m.

Looks like under $50 total for 2 sets shipped to my door.. not bad, thanks for sharing

MiniDave
MiniDave HalfDork
3/16/24 1:09 p.m.

I picked mine up at the dealer today - typical well made Toyota stuff and I think it's a hell of a deal for $24 all in - I don't know why they're more money some places than others but still a good deal! Thanks to the OP for bringing this to our attention.

Interesting that mine came in Lexus boxes, along with a note that said they were sending these in place of sealed beams - maybe that's why they're so cheap? Replacements for $12 each sealed beams?

Here's what they look like......

StilettoSS
StilettoSS New Reader
3/16/24 2:55 p.m.

Bought them for my 1968 VW Karmann Ghia. Can't wait to install once it's out of storage, and if I remember I will post a review. laugh

RacingComputers
RacingComputers Reader
3/16/24 6:12 p.m.

Toyota South Online wanted $53 plus $23 shipping to 28269

WTF

nlevine
nlevine HalfDork
3/16/24 7:52 p.m.

Thanks for the tip. Ordered a set for the 924s. $19 and change with tax for dealer pickup. Gotta be better than the old sealed beams in the car and cheaper than the LED alternatives.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Dork
3/16/24 11:11 p.m.

Oof. I stumbled on this deal this a couple of years ago and got excited that Toyota also had OEM part numbers for Koito H4s in the 200mm rectangular form factor. Unfortunately, no amount of part number Jenga could get me the rectangular lamps I needed at a reasonable price, and I had to pay top dollar through a retailer just to get a decent set of H4s.

But I'm happy for you guys. Really, I am...

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
3/17/24 6:57 a.m.

Nice, there was a thread on another board about how sealed beam lights had really gone downhill since the GE Nighthawk tooling wore out and they sent production to China.

Nathan JansenvanDoorn
Nathan JansenvanDoorn Dork
3/17/24 7:34 a.m.

Any 5.75" h4 hot tips? :D

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
3/17/24 6:14 p.m.

Has anyone found a date code on the parts or box / instructions ?

Just wondering when they were made :)

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Dork
3/17/24 7:27 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

Are you thinking this might be some giant cache of obsolete inventory? From my experience (more years than I like to admit in the dealer parts world), that typically doesn't happen with Toyota. The just-in-time model means that they order from their suppliers (Koito, Denso, et al) at a rate that keeps up with sales volume. That philosophy runs all the way down through the distribution chain right down to dealer level. The odds of finding a mother lode of anything interesting are pretty slender.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
3/17/24 7:50 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

No , just wondering  since they seemed to say it was because sealed beams were not  available , or at least at the quality Toyota needed , 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Dork
3/17/24 8:02 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

Ah - MiniDave's comment. Dave, I would love to see that note. Toyota typically doesn't improvise. Something is amiss.

Trent, lemme know if you don't get what you expect. I work across the street from the Lithia store over here and still get wholesale pricing.

adam525i
adam525i SuperDork
3/17/24 10:06 p.m.
Nathan JansenvanDoorn said:

Any 5.75" h4 hot tips? :D

Looks like first gen Celica's would use a pair of 5.75" H4/H1 but my googling didn't turn up anything from Toyota and the online parts sites didn't go back that far or recognize VIN's I pulled from Bring a Trailer.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
3/18/24 5:26 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

Has anyone found a date code on the parts or box / instructions ?

is there a date code on this label?

Me knowing how OEM's roll this letter tells me your standard headlight is now unavailable so are they are substituting these bulbs instead?  Maybe why its $18?

My parts guy was blown away at what it was for $18....

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/18/24 7:47 p.m.

In reply to Datsun240ZGuy :

If I was a betting man, I'd bet 231227 is 2023, December 27.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/18/24 7:53 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

That is the date coding on the Panasonic batteries in Toyotas, so maybe?

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/18/24 8:41 p.m.

I can just imagine some pencil pusher at Toyota freaking out about H4 stock selling so fast.  Quick order another 10,000 units before we run out!  For those that were questioned by the parts counter about if it's one or two, my parts guy said that parts ending in 10 usually are drivers side and 50 is passenger but he looked up 50 and said that part didn't exist.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
3/18/24 8:53 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Or the guy actually needing the sealed headlight being told that they've had a run on them and they're back ordered.   (and mine might sit for a few months) 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/18/24 9:54 p.m.

Put in an order for 6 sets since I have 6 cars that take them. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King UltimaDork
3/19/24 9:03 a.m.

I ordered two sets for my Spitfire, maybe that will get me motivated to start the restoration.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Cx5K4pgs5bJ4lZXzpkN9R8xLtXHttxizNeHWEw3MKnDppytXnVuHXiOEqxWFKgHf