2 3 4 5
pinchvalve
pinchvalve PowerDork
6/16/12 9:46 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Fellas, fellas, you have forgotten about the Z24 wheel. My god, the horror!

MY VOTE. Square center caps?

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
6/16/12 10:03 p.m.
ditchdigger wrote: American racing Estrella

How about half stripped and no centers? I'm rocking that.

bluesideup
bluesideup Reader
6/16/12 10:11 p.m.

My submission. One of the worst wheels of all time, not just because of the design but also the fact that the spokes stick out well beyond the side of the tires!

The TSW Venoms. Normally seen on MkIII Jettas and Dodge Neons.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 New Reader
6/16/12 10:19 p.m.
Alan Cesar wrote: Ohmygod, I had entirely forgotten about the two and three spoke dub wheels. I've seen a lot of those on the street, and they're atrocious. On Dodge Intrepids, of all things. Mind boggling.

Like this?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
6/16/12 10:22 p.m.
bluesideup wrote: My submission. One of the worst wheels of all time, not just because of the design but also the fact that the spokes stick out well beyond the side of the tires! The TSW Venoms. Normally seen on MkIII Jettas and Dodge Neons.

I kinda like these but I agree rhat they're impractical

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
6/16/12 10:22 p.m.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
6/16/12 10:47 p.m.

I think that the tri-bars looked pretty good on the '93 Cobra 'R' model, black/chrome lip and center cap.

Woody
Woody UltimaDork
6/17/12 6:26 a.m.
Trans_Maro wrote:

No. These are awesome.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
6/17/12 10:51 a.m.

Stevie Wonder probably thinks they're awesome.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
6/17/12 12:17 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Stevie Wonder probably thinks they're awesome.

You went to braille school with him.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
6/17/12 2:27 p.m.

Sorry, I had a few cars that came stock with those wheels. They were removed within the first week.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
6/17/12 2:35 p.m.

Here's another one of my favorites that many people dislike...Mazdaspeed MS-2:

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
6/17/12 4:47 p.m.

If it's above 19" across and is chrome, we'll just assume they're horrible. There, that took care of 98% of them!

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
6/17/12 7:50 p.m.
JamesMcD wrote: Here's another one of my favorites that many people dislike...Mazdaspeed MS-2:

I would rock those with pride!

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
6/17/12 7:55 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote:
codrus wrote: My vote for worst OEM wheels is the ones on the SC430: 6-spoke wheels work very nicely, IMHO. Audi "AVUS", for example.
Along with the wheels, to my eyes that is probably the worst proportioned car ever built. NOTHING works together. It looks like it got left in the oven too long and started to 'flow' a little bit.

I've been saying that since they came out, almost word for word. A family friend has one and it's so hideous, I can't stand to look at it. Everybody else loves it.

pres589
pres589 Dork
6/17/12 10:19 p.m.

What if you painted an SC430 a nice darker blue, removed the grill, and installed side-pipes. Oh, and installed a set of the modern copies of the Halibrand knock-offs. Maybe put some snake decals on in place of the Lexus badge, pretend it's their take on the Cobra?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy SuperDork
6/17/12 10:40 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:
codrus wrote: My vote for worst OEM wheels is the ones on the SC430: 6-spoke wheels work very nicely, IMHO. Audi "AVUS", for example.
Along with the wheels, to my eyes that is probably the worst proportioned car ever built. NOTHING works together. It looks like it got left in the oven too long and started to 'flow' a little bit.
I've been saying that since they came out, almost word for word. A family friend has one and it's so hideous, I can't stand to look at it. Everybody else loves it.

The first time I saw one, I said "What the berkeley is that thing?" Bad.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
6/18/12 7:49 a.m.
JamesMcD wrote: Here's another one of my favorites that many people dislike...Mazdaspeed MS-2:

I would KILL for a non staggered set of the 17x9 rears ( a total of 4 of them) for my ms3. I don't care what anyone says.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
6/18/12 8:14 a.m.

Yeah those would looks badass on an MS3!

I would settle for 17x8s all around on my FD. Lets go together and buy two sets and split them up! Sets pop up used for around $1000.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
6/18/12 8:36 a.m.
JamesMcD wrote: Yeah those would looks badass on an MS3! I would settle for 17x8s all around on my FD. Lets go together and buy two sets and split them up! Sets pop up used for around $1000.

You present an interesting proposition. Were finances a little more settled, I'd say game on.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
6/18/12 8:40 a.m.

Isuzu Impulse:

turboswede
turboswede PowerDork
6/18/12 11:56 a.m.
pres589 wrote: What if you painted an SC430 a nice darker blue, removed the grill, and installed side-pipes. Oh, and installed a set of the modern copies of the Halibrand knock-offs. Maybe put some snake decals on in place of the Lexus badge, pretend it's their take on the Cobra?

I think we'd all hunt that person down and forcibly remove their keys..... through their butt.

failboat
failboat Dork
6/18/12 12:07 p.m.

I agree the sc430 wheels do not look great. I cannot agree that the car is bad looking though...at least not slightly modified.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
6/18/12 12:10 p.m.

In reply to failboat:

Still looks stupid.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
6/18/12 12:10 p.m.

In reply to failboat:

Still looks stupid.

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.