1 2
Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/19/19 9:10 p.m.

...the back window of DD#1’s Miata delaminated from the top. It’s a replacement about 2 years old, not sure of brand. 

Any recommendations for adhesive (and technique) for putting it back in?

_
_ HalfDork
7/19/19 11:32 p.m.

It was so hot in the Miata today that I swear I saw a squirrel sunning his nuts in the passenger seat. 

NermalSnert
NermalSnert Reader
7/20/19 7:41 a.m.

.....I'm in the Focus with the a/c on max.

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile Reader
7/20/19 8:21 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Did you leave the hairdryer on...laugh

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
7/20/19 10:23 a.m.

I gotta get through this heat wave with no AC whatsoever. Just can't afford to fix it.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
7/20/19 10:34 a.m.

Caddy will need an oil cooler after the engine upgrade - she is flat pissed in the hot temps.  Had oil temps hit 245 sitting in rush hour traffic last night.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
7/20/19 11:22 a.m.

88 sounds nice.. it's 101 here at the Jersey Shore. It's been a good ten years since we saw triple digit temps here.

I might have to use the AC today on the drive into work

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
7/20/19 11:27 a.m.

"Squirrel sunning his nuts"   laugh  Best quote of the day.  So far.

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
7/20/19 2:11 p.m.

It hits triple digits with 98% humidity almost EVERY year in Alabama.  We dont pull AC out of anything, lap times be damned

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
7/20/19 5:10 p.m.

75 with 60% humidity here in Minneapolis..  Very much.. Good.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
7/20/19 10:58 p.m.
mad_machine said:

88 sounds nice.. it's 101 here at the Jersey Shore. It's been a good ten years since we saw triple digit temps here.

I might have to use the AC today on the drive into work

I considered using the AC.. never did turn it on. The temps had dropped to the high 90s by the time I went to work, windows down was comfortable for me

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
7/21/19 12:27 a.m.

It's hot here too. Seems to happen every year around this time. It's the weirdest thing. 

Duke said:

...the back window of DD#1’s Miata delaminated from the top. It’s a replacement about 2 years old, not sure of brand. 

Any recommendations for adhesive (and technique) for putting it back in?

I'd stop by your local boat shop and ask them. Almost every boat is a convertible so they know a lot about tops. I know that Gorilla Glue works well on tops but can be really ugly.

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
7/21/19 8:09 a.m.

I'm in eastern PA near Philly and a.c. cranked non stop as of late. Id say either gorilla glue or upgrade to a hard top.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/21/19 9:49 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

75 with 60% humidity here in Minneapolis..  Very much.. Good.

I happily deal with the miserable July/August in Oklahoma so I don't have to deal with months of northern winter's.

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
7/21/19 11:56 a.m.

In reply to 84FSP: Friday's forecast for Toronto (in Celsius) was "36, feels like 46," or "97, feels like 115" in US dollars.  I don't think we quite made that, but we certainly did our, um, best.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/21/19 12:17 p.m.

I typically don’t drive my Miata much in the summertime.  I much prefer it during convertible season Oct-April. 

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS HalfDork
7/21/19 7:52 p.m.

Sissies.  I took the Boxster to work last week top down.  It was hot after work and I had on business attire.  You are either a convertible person, or you are not.

MrChaos
MrChaos Dork
7/21/19 8:02 p.m.
AnthonyGS said:

Sissies.  I took the Boxster to work last week top down.  It was hot after work and I had on business attire.  You are either a convertible person, or you are not.

Im a fair weather convertible person, hence my purchase of an ND RF

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/21/19 10:51 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS :

I don’t know where you live, but driving with the top down this time of year just means you get sweaty and sunburnt. I guess I have less reptile DNA than others or something. Top down when it in the 40’s is invigorating. When the heat index is over 100F, it is not so fun. 

I am a convertible person, just not a humidity person. It’s almost midnight and I am sweating while sitting on my deck with a breeze. 

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS HalfDork
7/21/19 11:23 p.m.

I’d bet my heat index was over 100 on my drive home from work.  It’s actually been a fairly miod summer in TX this year.  The rest of the country is crying though.  I went to a family event in KY and our lil TX contingent was okay but the locals were melting.  Work sends me to the Middle East a lot.  It’s hot there; we have it good.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
7/22/19 8:32 a.m.

I am the same way, Anthony. Working outside on stage, most people are turning into puddles of sweat, I have a little bit of a sheen on my skin going on.

I personally think a lot of it has to do with the widespread use of AC. Our bodies simply never get used to being out in the heat.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i Dork
7/22/19 11:34 a.m.

I'm top down whenever possible, but there's definitely a heat/sun apogee index. 

You could say I've lost that baking feeling. 

Somewhere around 90 at peak sun, the top is up.  100 at night? Top down. 

Windows are almost always open, but sunny and over a 100 and longer than 20 min, AC.

A man's got to know his limitations...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
7/22/19 6:19 p.m.

I never realized the US was a tropical country until I moved here ;) Seriously, I am built to survive long, cold winters. This 100F stuff is nasty, even if it is a dry heat around here. 

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS Dork
7/22/19 7:05 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I never realized the US was a tropical country until I moved here ;) Seriously, I am built to survive long, cold winters. This 100F stuff is nasty, even if it is a dry heat around here. 

This is why all my forray’s into CO are in the summer.  Summers are incredible there; winter no thanks.  I’m allergic to snow.  

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
7/22/19 8:30 p.m.

The trick is that you can always put more clothes on. There comes a point where you can’t take any more off :)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NqDyxtD8maeag6kBCSBFofTqpiFnUfuNVVw8LpRtcWvLjpLDXdaUJLslLyvvAvIY