1 2 3
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
3/9/11 6:27 a.m.

Follow please:

Why are brown Porsches sexy?

Why are brown girls sexy?

Now, you could theorize that, in general, brown things are sexy and you would get no argument from me but... if you replace brown with yellow or blue (watch X-Men before questioning my logic) you still have Girls & Porsches and the statements are still true.

So... I must put forth that that Porsches are sexy in and of themselves.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
3/9/11 6:49 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Follow please: Why are brown Porsches sexy? Why are brown girls sexy? Now, you could theorize that, in general, brown things are sexy and you would get no argument from me but... if you replace brown with yellow or blue (watch X-Men before questioning my logic) you still have Girls & Porsches and the statements are still true. So... I must put forth that that Porsches are sexy in and of themselves.

This is simply not true. Both the 356 and the 911 are misshapen blobs that should not have been penned in the first place.

One I would agree with is the 987 twins. The Cayman is gorgeous.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
3/9/11 6:50 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Follow please: Why are brown Porsches sexy? Why are brown girls sexy? Now, you could theorize that, in general, brown things are sexy and you would get no argument from me but... if you replace brown with yellow or blue (watch X-Men before questioning my logic) you still have Girls & Porsches and the statements are still true. So... I must put forth that that Porsches are sexy in and of themselves.
This is simply not true. Both the 356 and the 911 are misshapen blobs that should not have been penned in the first place. One I would agree with is the 987 twins. The Cayman is gorgeous.

RACIST!

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
3/9/11 6:57 a.m.

As the owner of a white MGB, I think the brown versions look terrible.

but, to each, his own

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
3/9/11 7:45 a.m.
aeronca65t wrote: As the owner of a white MGB, I think the brown versions look terrible. but, to each, his own

They do, that's why this thread is about brown Porsches, not brown MGB's.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
3/9/11 8:01 a.m.

What can brown do for you?

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox HalfDork
3/9/11 8:19 a.m.

I agree with brown Porsches = poop. But as they say, there is an ass for every seat...

IMGT3_Performance
IMGT3_Performance New Reader
3/9/11 8:36 a.m.

Agreed with the sentiment that a brown car needs to be of the 70's vintage to pull it off. I think the color is more a reflection of the time period than that of the car itself.

We can justify the color by simply stating "Hey it was the 70's man, what do you expect?"

Brown is just like a bright yellow, only a few cars can pull it off well. In this example, I will have to say that yes, the 911 can pull it off, but that is my opinion.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
3/9/11 9:17 a.m.

Nine inch Fuchs = $$$

That car appears to be a minor bargain.

njansenv wrote: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cars-sale/585640-1985-911-13-500-brown-cashmere-w-9-fuchs.html This car is keeping me up a night.
ZOO
ZOO SuperDork
3/9/11 11:49 a.m.

Remind me why I shouldn't fly out to CA (I'm off all next week) and buy the brown Carrera and drive it home? Do I really want to continue saving for an Elise, when I could have this?

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
3/9/11 11:54 a.m.

Brown is acceptably attractive in certain shades on certain cars, but it' unlikely I would buy a brown car if there was (and likely is) a better color to choose from.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit Dork
3/9/11 1:43 p.m.

In reply to ZOO:

The answer is yes.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/9/11 1:51 p.m.
ZOO wrote: Remind me why I shouldn't fly out to CA (I'm off all next week) and buy the brown Carrera and drive it home? Do I really want to continue saving for an Elise, when I could have this?

That car looks nice. You should buy it. And yes, I'm an enabler.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
3/9/11 2:28 p.m.

I'm happy if the paint isn't some shade of silver or grey that is so common today.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 HalfDork
3/9/11 2:35 p.m.

No sir. I don't like it.

I don't hate it, but not for me. When I think Porsche, i think...

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox HalfDork
3/9/11 2:36 p.m.

In reply to Nitroracer:

I'm just the opposite. I am happy if a car is some share of silver or grey. This is good. We'll offset each other in the marketplace.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/9/11 2:43 p.m.
Woody wrote: Nine inch Fuchs = $$$

Yep.

TR8owner
TR8owner Reader
3/9/11 2:48 p.m.

In reply to fast_eddie_72:

I've always thought that orange or silver early model 911's and Carreras were by far the sexiest Porsches. They just look so much better with the small bumpers.

Stavros
Stavros New Reader
3/9/11 3:37 p.m.

I bought my '73 911 and it was the original Sepia brown paint from the factory. The previous owner nicknamed the car "The Roach". It was quite possible the worst color for the car. I drove it that way for a year.

Luckily the problem has been thoroughly corrected.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox HalfDork
3/9/11 3:51 p.m.

It is not rationally possible to argue for brown after seeing the pictures above.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
3/9/11 3:55 p.m.

It is difficult to argue for Sephia Brown.

rogerbvonceg
rogerbvonceg Reader
3/10/11 12:00 p.m.

This.

rogerbvonceg
rogerbvonceg Reader
3/10/11 12:01 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
This is simply not true. Both the 356 and the 911 are misshapen blobs that should not have been penned in the first place. One I would agree with is the 987 twins. The Cayman is gorgeous.

IMHO, your opinion is wrong.

rogerbvonceg
rogerbvonceg Reader
3/10/11 12:04 p.m.
Stavros wrote: I bought my '73 911 and it was the original Sepia brown paint from the factory. The previous owner nicknamed the car "The Roach". It was quite possible the worst color for the car. I drove it that way for a year. Luckily the problem has been thoroughly corrected.

Mistake. Brown is good, especially on the 70's 911s.

White is so..."Me Too." But, on a race car, white is certainly better for the sponsors.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
3/10/11 1:49 p.m.

The dark chocolate brown's looks much better than the lighter shades.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x6r7LJYa4mZ26hzDdSm2ixM1tOrW1McNu7o45NQl8LKoRSHfRF6WWdjc7PuqxhEZ