Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
9/27/24 10:02 a.m.

Looking to buy a local Neon SRT4 here in Pittsburgh. Body is roached due to rust but it has lowish miles and a "mint" interior, good transmission with no grinds and sound engine. I can get the car for $1500. 

Is there meat on the bone here? I typically part SVT Foci for "fun" money but haven't found a decent deal lately unless I drive to Michigan or Ohio. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/27/24 11:56 a.m.

Lots of guys want to update any number of earlier Mopar products with the powertrain, and there's all sorts of little parts that are tough to find.  I bought a crashed one and put all the stuff in a RT body a few years back.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/27/24 12:04 p.m.

How bad is the rust? You might be able to flip it for more money in Ohio.

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
9/27/24 12:14 p.m.

Is it a couple shades of red? 

I think you could make your money back, but you might need to eBay some stuff instead of just local marketplace. 

To be fair to saying "local market place", I haven't seen transmissions or interior bits listed locally at all, so there may well be a big demand for them. 

I did see a stock, running 2.4T listed at $400 that was gone in a day, while a set of stock heads has been up for $200 for quite a while now. 

Honestly the wheels, interior, and suspension, look a bit better than mine, but I'm not in a position to buy parts right now.

No sooner did I hit post here than to have this pop up 

amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/27/24 1:43 p.m.

Seems like too high of a starting price for a part out

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
9/27/24 2:05 p.m.

Is the rear spoiler still good?  cheeky

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/27/24 3:08 p.m.

I think the seats can be worth a good chunk of money, but it may only be the ones that came in the ACR.  Might be high effort to part out at that price, but if you can find a solid southern body to swap everything into, that could be a lot of fun, and you might break even when you sell it.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/27/24 3:19 p.m.

I'm seriously wondering if this isn't one of those things where "rusted out" is a $5-6k car here.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
9/27/24 4:41 p.m.

Yeah think I'm gonna pass for a Partout. 

Run_Away
Run_Away Dork
9/27/24 4:59 p.m.

SRT4 transmissions are worth a bit, but the longblock is readily available in PT Cruiser Turbos/GT cruiser that aren't really worth more than scrap

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xa8W39UvXgKrlsYNpzmZ5oOrczV3UjkCj9n0vD4jV3iJvz0p3FpcLBQRi4UWcwys