Raze
Raze HalfDork
3/31/10 9:06 p.m.

Anyone know anything about them beyond the spec sheet? Anyone HAVE one?

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Reader
4/1/10 8:11 a.m.

Land Rover or Gen III LSx motor??

Raze
Raze HalfDork
4/1/10 8:37 a.m.

Land Rover...

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog HalfDork
4/1/10 9:38 a.m.
Raze wrote: Land Rover...

I work on 'em. Other than infotainment issues they've been OK so far. Just be aware 2010 is the first year for the new drivetrain/interior/electronics package so it will have more bugs than the 2011s. The LR3 its based on has been a pretty good vehicle. Tires wear fast and are not cheap for the proper load rating. There have been a few with premature front wheel bearing and inner tie rod end wear. Thats about it. Keep it aligned and do religious tire rotations and you should be good to go. Don't expect to do ANY maintenance yourself. There are no dipsticks and getting to the oil drain is a 10 minute job on a lift. We suck it out the top with a special machine at the dealership.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Dork
4/1/10 9:47 a.m.

Damn... I thought this was gonna be a good thread. Maybe an LR4 WITH an LR4? That might work.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Reader
4/1/10 4:35 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

Wouldn't that be awesome. . . .

kristof
kristof New Reader
2/22/11 6:11 p.m.

seen the new lr4 update for land rover. i see that it has a bluetooth technology, and as well as the Hill Start Assist and Gradient Acceleration Control these land rover parts are great features for a vehicle.

RossD
RossD Dork
2/22/11 6:27 p.m.

You could pull a sweet canoe behind a LR4, too.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
2/22/11 7:02 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
Raze wrote:
Don't expect to do ANY maintenance yourself. There are no dipsticks and getting to the oil drain is a 10 minute job on a lift. We suck it out the top with a special machine at the dealership.

What the!!??? That would be a deal killer for me right there. No dipsticks?? How do you know how much oil is in the engine?? I know you may know but how does the owner know?

Raze
Raze Dork
2/22/11 7:06 p.m.

Wow, a year later and LR4 still carry Canoes...

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
2/22/11 7:18 p.m.

In reply to Feedyurhed:

The magic screen on the dash.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IXXj8nLoS6Kq141V1sXyut8M59mYRcGNH52qp0MKNUbSOwjalJct2R9RFp5roRIv