2 3 4 5 6
Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett UltimaDork
5/2/17 9:09 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

I think you might want to do a run of "Crappy Corvette Club of America" stickers.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/2/17 10:22 a.m.
Pete Gossett wrote: In reply to mazdeuce: I think you might want to do a run of "Crappy Corvette Club of America" stickers.

I still think the ultimate GRM trifecta is to the Challenge, One Lap, and Ultimate Track Car in the same car all under budget.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/2/17 10:24 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Grm member stickers???? I actually need to get with you after one lap about some decals for the challenge car.

These are going to be VERY informal as a way to identify us on One Lap. I'm hoping that the powers that be will consider it all in good fun as far as their intellectual property goes.
Do hit me up before the challenge, I'll help any way I can.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/2/17 10:32 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

AWSOME. We'll do that.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Reader
5/2/17 2:39 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
Pete Gossett wrote: In reply to mazdeuce: I think you might want to do a run of "Crappy Corvette Club of America" stickers.
I still think the ultimate GRM trifecta is to the Challenge, One Lap, and Ultimate Track Car in the same car all under budget.

that'd be trick considering OLOA's tire requirement. I always figureredthere'd need to be a slight budget increase to "make good for OneLap"... but that was before seeing John Welsh's Q45.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/2/17 2:42 p.m.
sleepyhead wrote:
mazdeuce wrote:
that'd be trick considering OLOA's tire requirement. I always figureredthere'd need to be a slight budget increase to "make good for OneLap"... but that was before seeing John Welsh's Q45.

Couldn't do it with the spirit, due to the nature of the beast. Full blown race car.

But next year's challenge car may be built with an eye out to do this.

Crap. I just decided to build another full on car.....

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/2/17 2:56 p.m.

I think it would be in reasonable spirit to use a separate set of tires for each event. There really isn't a set of rules for attempting 'the trifecta', so I think you could sort of be your own rules committee as long as you adhered to the rules of each event.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Reader
5/2/17 5:23 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I think it would be in reasonable spirit to use a separate set of tires for each event. There really isn't a set of rules for attempting 'the trifecta', so I think you could sort of be your own rules committee as long as you adhered to the rules of each event.

I was going to make a comment about how "back-to-back" OneLap and UTCC are... so you might as well buy two sets of tires under the OneLap contingency and get the 25% discount.

but, UTCC doesn't (offhand) seem to have a "Street Tire Class"... unless maybe you dropped under the Continental Tire Award

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/2/17 7:06 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead:

I exist solidly in the Gentleman Racer world. I don't want to be embarrassingly slow, but I don't mind being far enough back that tire choice is the issue.

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Reader
5/2/17 7:22 p.m.

well, when you want to put your TT license to use, and/or want to get some time on VIR ahead of that... let me know

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/2/17 7:34 p.m.

Viny cutter is active! Nobody should feel obligated to stick these on their car but I'll put transfer paper on them and have them at the meet and greet. They're about a foot long. Big enough you can see it, but not obnoxious. I purposely used a font that didn't mimic the actual GRM logo because that belongs to someone else.
If anyone sees misspelling or wants something different or I missed you and you want one, let me know.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/2/17 7:54 p.m.

I got approved for time off to come to cmp. Ill be the guy in the 64 el camino trying to find tbe legendary and awe inspiring mazdeuce.

Jah29
Jah29 New Reader
5/2/17 9:04 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Viny cutter is active!

Man, now I really wished I'd spent the time coming up with a cool screen name!

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
5/3/17 6:44 a.m.

woo! sweet!

Guess I should create a thread to document the journey!

we've got some friends tagging along that will be doing live streams and daily video edits and such too so should be lots of content for folks following along between all the GRM teams!

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
5/3/17 7:45 a.m.

Just to jump in on potential meet up opportunities I am tentatively going to be in South Bend for the final skid pad times. I will be somewhat local and am going to try and meet up with a friend running OLOA for the first time. If you see Taylor and his dad / brother running this in a Volvo V70 they are good people.

-Matt

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/3/17 8:31 a.m.

To me, there would be an amusing irony of entering a Challenge car into One Lap... considering the One Lap entry fee alone is rough 50% more than the build cost of the car.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
5/3/17 8:56 a.m.
Ian F wrote: To me, there would be an amusing irony of entering a Challenge car into One Lap... considering the One Lap entry fee alone is rough 50% more than the build cost of the car.

I have an Infiniti Q45 which was the $2015 Challenge 10th place finisher that could be very good for OLOA.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/3/17 12:11 p.m.

Cool vinyl!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/3/17 7:02 p.m.

Pretty much packed. The trip is 11 days including the day I leave and the day I get back. This is important because I only have 11 pairs of underwear. At home I do laundry twice a week. On vacation I usually do it in a hotel every third or fourth day. Not time for that on One Lap and I'm trying to be civilized this year.
I'm picking the Insight buyer up from the airport at 9:30. Co-driver gets to the house at 10:00. If we can't pack in half an hour we're really in trouble for the trip, so we should be on the road well before lunch. 17 hours of driving to South Bend.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/3/17 7:21 p.m.

Im looking forward to seeing you guys at cmp. Let me know if you want me to bring underwear or other necessary restocking supplies.

David S. Wallens
5/3/17 7:43 p.m.

Plus, I hear, they sell underwear at stores these days.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/3/17 7:45 p.m.

But my wife bought me this underwear. It's special.

David S. Wallens
5/3/17 7:58 p.m.

Okay, then that's okay. Travel safely (and cleanly) and we'll see you on Tuesday. Should be fun. We're looking forward to seeing all of you.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/4/17 8:50 a.m.

Insight buyer touches down at the airport in 25 minutes. I'm about to go get him. Co-driver is on his way from Austin. We just have to do a final pack to see if we need to break up the tool bin and we're headed for South Bend. I'll see all you One Lappers tomorrow!

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
5/4/17 9:09 a.m.

If I can get this together, I think I might come out to South Bend for Friday afternoon and leave by 9pm.

Saturday is not real good for my schedule

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ulUF5sy1JQDTwBYlWL3YPnjVRMbcjRyDabAKADo7JbwcZH0rKTzL1ZWLRgyqpYUy