7 8 9 10
patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
5/11/17 7:48 a.m.

Also on the ohio leg if you need parts bail from the turnpike at the 80/76 split and head west toward Akron exit 29 is Summit Racing. It's only a 10 minute detour to do 76 to 77 and rejoin the turnpike. I'm sure you will just be blasting through but if you plan to pit stop for food or whatever in the cleveland area shoot me a text en route and maybe i can hook up with you guys. 330 242 zero seven seven one

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/11/17 8:15 a.m.

My co-driver loves the rain in his car. I'm cool with that. I could have pushed my way into the afternoon session, but if I did that I'd have to give up my seat in the lounge.

RedGT
RedGT HalfDork
5/11/17 8:25 a.m.

It seems like at every site you have a 'first ones here, gate is locked!' picture. Do you people sleep?

Sky_Render
Sky_Render SuperDork
5/11/17 8:43 a.m.

Yes, Summit Racing's headquarters in Akron is a great place to buy parts. The actual distribution warehouse is attached to the store, so literally ANYTHING they have can be purchased and gotten immediately.

And Summit has recently started supporting way more than American Muscle. Might I suggest picking up a second set of rotors?

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/11/17 9:24 a.m.

In reply to Sky_Render:

My Spitfire group stopped at the Summit store last year on the way to Mid-Ohio for the vintage races. We didn't even know it was there, but when the lead driver saw the sign from the highway we all had the same thought and followed him like lemmings... While they obviously don't have much for small British cars, it was definitely fun to wander around.

IMG_20160624_094849447

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/11/17 12:27 p.m.

Co-driver decided our brakes needed an organic component.

grover
grover Reader
5/11/17 12:30 p.m.

that's one way of cooling them off.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/11/17 12:31 p.m.

Anybody can make a car dance.

It takes talent to make one a vegetarian.

Fr3AkAzOiD
Fr3AkAzOiD Reader
5/11/17 12:31 p.m.

Had a bit of an off? If so good thing it wasn't into those barriers they have.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/11/17 12:34 p.m.

Beginning of the esses he tapped the curbing. It was down pouring at that point and once the car got unsettled he was just a passenger. It was a good learning experience for him.

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
5/11/17 12:36 p.m.

Matt found the agriculture surrounding the track in need of a trim as well. We'll bill them later.

You guys drive safe we'll see you in MI. If you have any questions about gingerman let me know! It's home turf.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/11/17 12:41 p.m.

We will have questions and we'll be sure to find you in the morning. Drive safely.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
5/11/17 12:44 p.m.

Glad to hear Dominion has grass growing. A few weekends ago it was mostly rocks. Great track hope you all enjoy it. That lounge is nice and upstairs you can see like 2/3 of the track from nice heated/AC rooms.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
5/11/17 1:18 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: We will have questions and we'll be sure to find you in the morning. Drive safely.

Don't forget to ask Brad for pics of his old Corvette visiting "the beach" at Gingerman. They're epic.

klodkrawler05
klodkrawler05 Reader
5/11/17 1:48 p.m.

Ah yes. What not to do seen here by yours truly: https://youtu.be/x4S3LMszeHg

Man that car was a handful

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/11/17 7:26 p.m.

Just put 13.7 gallons in a tank that the owner swears holds 13.2 gallons. We were sweating for a few minutes. Onward!

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Reader
5/11/17 7:52 p.m.

Don't forget the tankage in the fuel filler neck and all the fuel lines up to the motor

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/11/17 8:16 p.m.

A little Smokey Yunick fuel line shenanigans maybe?

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Reader
5/12/17 12:52 a.m.

Maybe, but I'd avoid stretching it to 14.0

Is that what you're going to blame for being 2nd to arrive at the hotel on?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/12/17 9:33 a.m.

Our last track day, this sign pretty much says it all.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/12/17 10:16 a.m.

You have the wheels in my head turning with your comment about running one lap in the elky.....

Bobzilla
Bobzilla MegaDork
5/12/17 10:35 a.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: You have the wheels in my head turning with your comment about running one lap in the elky.....

I'm in.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
5/12/17 9:19 p.m.

So maybe not fast, but finally up to speed. This being the last day we had two track sessions and then Brock opened up the track for some nice responsible open lapping. We decided to try an experiment and have co-driver drive both sessions to see how much he would improve, like the fast teams do, and I'd just go play in the open lapping so I got a chance to drive the track.
He got 44th in the morning and dropped three seconds and fell to 46th in the afternoon. Pretty consistent and gives us something to think about for next year.
I had fun lapping for a bit and got to ride in Sleepyhead's Acura. Monumentally different experience than the Civic despite the similarities in time over the week. We were about the last ones to leave. Hanging out, dinner, and now sweet blessed sleep. Skid pad in the morning.

secretariata
secretariata Dork
5/12/17 10:09 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Anybody can make a car dance. It takes talent to make one a vegetarian.

That's funny right there, I don't care whose cow you're not eating...

secretariata
secretariata Dork
5/12/17 10:10 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: You have the wheels in my head turning with your comment about running one lap in the elky.....

Do EEIT...

7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QcpDfcYb3mNXZJZjhGYw1ptf1LwL7SY4WZLJvMpRuxQZmsUlqTZh11JLmbAr4yLs