Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/11/21 3:26 p.m.

One of my employees spotted this today. He stopped, "He said a guy up the street offered him $850 of he would hold it until Friday. I think it could be yours for less."

I do have contact info if anyone DMs me. It's around Littlestown, PA. 

I'm going to try to ignore that I ever saw this creation that I don't need in my life. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
11/11/21 3:28 p.m.

They cut juuuuust enough of the MR2 that I don't want to buy it and throw the dragster part back on the forum for $50.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
11/11/21 3:40 p.m.

There's your opportunity to challenge the Nelsons !!!! 

Well.....maybe not.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture UltimaDork
11/11/21 3:46 p.m.

I hope that started as a rear-ended example or something, because the body looks pretty clean, and these are disappearing from the roads at a pretty fast pace.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UltraDork
11/11/21 3:48 p.m.

That looks exactly like the running, driving 5-speed '91 I bought for $300 back in 2016. You know, minus the dragster part.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/11/21 3:59 p.m.

That, um, wow. So, who's bringing it to Gainesville? 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/11/21 4:16 p.m.

Amazing. Is that exhaust pointed at the rear end??

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
11/11/21 4:33 p.m.

With a body like that it needs a bigger and more powerful engine, or at least some cheap turbos and nitrous bottles to make good use of all that space.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/11/21 5:08 p.m.

I am surprised people are not jumping all over this.  It is a mid engined American V8 engined supercar with a MANUAL transmission.  That means it is better than a C8, right?

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
11/11/21 5:15 p.m.

I've seen a lot of weird things. And that, there, is one of em.  

Buck Futter
Buck Futter SuperDork
11/11/21 5:19 p.m.

With that sort of hodgepodge creation one has to begin questioning the structural integrity and other sorts of safety issues.

obsolete
obsolete Reader
11/11/21 10:48 p.m.

I guess just 2nd gear will do. Yeah, that'll be fine.

mr2peak
mr2peak Dork
11/12/21 12:47 a.m.

Pics of the shifter linkage?

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/12/21 4:03 a.m.
mr2peak said:

Pics of the shifter linkage?

I don't think there is any

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/12/21 10:13 a.m.
obsolete said:

I guess just 2nd gear will do. Yeah, that'll be fine.

"The man told me there is a box with linkages and cables that bolts atop the sawed off shift stub and connects to the shifter in the car, but he pulled it to inspect things because it didn't want to go into 2nd" - updated info to add to the story

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
11/12/21 10:13 a.m.

Well that's one way to fix "snap oversteer".

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Reader
11/12/21 11:11 a.m.

At 800 dollars I think one could easily recoup their investment on this one in JUST the MR2 bits alone (depending on condition of interior).

Honestly, if it were close to me I'd offer 500 and start parting it out and make quite a bit...or just save body parts for myself for myself (though I hope they're never needed!). 

Hopefully an MR2 enthusiast will rescue this and offer up some reasonably priced parts to the community.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/12/21 11:21 a.m.
hybridmomentspass said:

At 800 dollars I think one could easily recoup their investment on this one in JUST the MR2 bits alone (depending on condition of interior).

Honestly, if it were close to me I'd offer 500 and start parting it out and make quite a bit...or just save body parts for myself for myself (though I hope they're never needed!). 

Hopefully an MR2 enthusiast will rescue this and offer up some reasonably priced parts to the community.

I mean

...I probably will want the seats since mine suck and are wet

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Reader
11/12/21 11:56 a.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:
hybridmomentspass said:

I mean

...I probably will want the seats since mine suck and are wet

There are three interior pieces that Im seeking (stereo surround, driver's side A pillar trim, and these little covers that go on the top  - behind shoulder - of the seatbelt assembly), and the ones I see online would run me about 160 for those three things.  So, really, with a 5, 6, 800$ car...it's easy to get money back out of it and quickly.  So, yeah, I wish it were closer, I'd have it in my driveway and be busy stripping it down. Heck, how much could one get for the engine trans, 3 or 400 easily? 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KY2toBqCQs2ouyn5AUhcvYElrUB4cEVxl08QItC1zwlvWrtQudvquJVX5Idg3IsO