1 2 3
Desy
Desy New Reader
12/19/17 1:42 p.m.

In reply to crankwalk :

It's like that in Central KY. These people buy 4x4's and then proceed to tailgate the one time a year we get a snow worth while. (more than an inch) 4x4 may keep you going but that's all it does. Sure as hell doesn't help you stop. But then again, where I live, it there is a drizzle of rain, there are wrecks everywhere. Not sure if it's careless driving, or neglecting to maintain their cars.

I was talking to someone about this not to long ago, and they made the statement of "how do you know how fast/slow I have to drive in my car to be safe?". So I had to tell them, I'd rather be behind someone going to slow in snow/slush being safe, than around someone driving to fast. And that if they are having problems controlling their car, then maybe they should also check their tires and brakes.

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
12/19/17 3:35 p.m.
Desy said:

In reply to crankwalk :

It's like that in Central KY. These people buy 4x4's and then proceed to tailgate the one time a year we get a snow worth while. (more than an inch) 4x4 may keep you going but that's all it does. Sure as hell doesn't help you stop. But then again, where I live, it there is a drizzle of rain, there are wrecks everywhere. Not sure if it's careless driving, or neglecting to maintain their cars.

I was talking to someone about this not to long ago, and they made the statement of "how do you know how fast/slow I have to drive in my car to be safe?". So I had to tell them, I'd rather be behind someone going to slow in snow/slush being safe, than around someone driving to fast. And that if they are having problems controlling their car, then maybe they should also check their tires and brakes.

It's the same in Alaska and there is snow half the year here. Texting and driving , going too fast thinking 4wd will help. It's all the same with a certain segment of idiotic drivers everywhere.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku PowerDork
12/19/17 8:19 p.m.

along with the snow tires, throw some extra weight in the trunk. A couple 50lb gravel bags will make a big difference. Just toss them in when snow is predicted and take back out when its cleared up.

if you're new to driving in the snow, go find an empty unplowed parking lot to play in and get some practice.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SuQMVt09W8qfwJUonGEIZ10dipgqbutLn2zZZQSr7wsD9BdNwatPr3XgOjbyWqDT