1 2
spitfirebill
spitfirebill Reader
6/24/08 12:20 p.m.
Is that Darren guy a South African that used to live in Columbia and had Spitfires? naa he's british and likes GTI's VW and Peugot both.

I still think that is the same guy I'm thinking about. I recall a British accent, was just thinking he was SA.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/24/08 12:33 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
Is that Darren guy a South African that used to live in Columbia and had Spitfires? naa he's british and likes GTI's VW and Peugot both.
I still think that is the same guy I'm thinking about. I recall a British accent, was just thinking he was SA.

Might be, this guy came down here from philadelphia.. used to work for volvo?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Reader
6/24/08 1:03 p.m.
ignorant wrote:
spitfirebill wrote:
Might be, this guy came down here from philadelphia.. used to work for volvo?

OK my bad probably a different guy.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 New Reader
6/24/08 2:04 p.m.

It might take 10mins to fix the shift linkage. Might.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
6/24/08 3:21 p.m.

That's what I was about to say.

joshx99
joshx99 New Reader
6/24/08 5:16 p.m.

I know what's wrong with it; I've just never gotten around to fixing it and I have to move. This car seems to be cursed. Every time something goes wrong with it, I have other stuff to do and just keep putting it off. I was hoping for some encouragement to drive out to where it is and fix it (i left it with my grandparents); not, "I'll give you $500 for that hunk of scrap." I was a member of the Clemson SCC while I was still a student (circa 2002.) I did go three-wheeling in the pit with the rabbit a few times, lol.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/24/08 5:24 p.m.

seriously, if you want to get rid of it.. talk to my buddy darren. He'd dig it.

I wasn't seriously trying to rip you off. Car is too minty for that to work.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports New Reader
6/24/08 6:36 p.m.
joshx99 wrote: I was a member of the Clemson SCC while I was still a student (circa 2002.) I did go three-wheeling in the pit with the rabbit a few times, lol.

There's a chance we've crossed paths then. I was at Clemson from 2000 - 2004. I drove RX-7s in college.

joshx99
joshx99 New Reader
6/24/08 10:26 p.m.

The only Rx7 I remember clearly was the brown FB club car. I had a mint 1991 Taurus SHO for most of college.

Luke
Luke HalfDork
6/24/08 10:51 p.m.

If I were you, I'd try and fix the little things wrong with it, then think about selling it for a higher price.

Check out this GTI on BaT, same colour combo as yours, for sale at $9,000. Obviously the ridiculous price is justified by the incredibly low mileage (just 31k), but still.

http://bringatrailer.com/2008/06/24/bat-exclusive-31k-mile-1984-vw-gti-mk1/

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports New Reader
6/25/08 6:48 a.m.
joshx99 wrote: The only Rx7 I remember clearly was the brown FB club car. I had a mint 1991 Taurus SHO for most of college.

I may have been in and out in 2002. I had a license suspension and then rode motorcycles for a little while.

Travis_K
Travis_K New Reader
6/25/08 9:11 a.m.

Those GTIs are getting really rare, if you have any desire to have one in the future I wouldnt sell it. Even perfect ones are showing up in the junkyard now becasue no one fixes them anymore, they just scrap them. The only one I ever see anymore is one that someone I knew slightly fixed up and painted then blew the engine and sold it which is now converted to electric.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Reader
6/27/08 8:15 a.m.

Given your situation, selling the car to the "right" person will ease the anxiety you're feeling now. The right person will give you a fair price and will be able to provide for it what you can't offer it right now. Knowing it's on the road in the hands of an enthusiast often feels better than letting it sit until you can get to it.

Having said that, I finally thought I had found the right home for my '66 Beetle and gave the guy a great deal since he was going to restore it and give it to his son. Recently, someone forwarded me the post where he was selling it for double the price he paid. Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

fornetti14
fornetti14 New Reader
6/28/08 7:57 a.m.

I'd sell the car to the "right" person. The old GTI's are sweet cars and easy to work on... if you have the time. I've had to totally go through my IT car but now that it's running I'm very pleased with it. Besides, what's not to love about a Rabbit?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NZMF5Bh5X9N3ASOB3lBPGgD2nkc7PiBEPOMs0ov4unE48cCob9Zav6IJeQ5OnSxM