prima
prima New Reader
6/21/08 7:05 p.m.

I posted this on miata.net also. Now that MX5/NCs are a few model years old are they as well built and bulletproof as NAs and NBs and will they be as loved a few years down the road? What kinda prices are used NCs going for? The only used NC I've seen was on a dealers lot. It had a cracked windshield, tires various shades of bald and looked like it had been rode hard and put up wet but it came with a warranty! I didn't bother to ask the price. Thanks.

kellym
kellym New Reader
6/21/08 8:15 p.m.

There's some issues with the early ones regarding the drains from the top, theres a service bulletin to fix them. also the 3rd brakelight is a source of leaking. I bought a 2007 in December 2007 with 2000 miles for 19,500. I see them in the SF bay area around 15-16K for the 2006 ones and 17-19 for the 07's

overall it was a good car, however take a 2-3 hour drive in one, I found the drivers seat to be unbearable and ended up trading for a NB instead

CoryB
CoryB Reader
6/23/08 8:59 a.m.

I've had my '07 NC for 18 months and 18K miles. It's my daily driver and autox car. I added Mazdaspeed springs and anti-sway bars but otherwise it's stock. The only issues I've had are a couple of rattles.

There are some common complaints about the seats. You sit IN the seats of an NC whereas you sit ON the seats of an NA (never been in an NB) so that takes some getting used to. FWIW, the cloth seats feel narrower in the seat bottom than the leather ones. They take some getting used to but they're not bad once they get broken in.

Normally when I buy a car, within 6 months I'm looking around longingly at something else. So far, I can't imagine another car (within my somewhat limited price range) that I'd rather have.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Reader
6/23/08 11:39 a.m.

06 NC with Mazdaspeed intake (nice but cheaper alternatives are out now that weren't when I bought), Exhaust(too boomy, my friends FM is perfect), Springs( a must have!), sways (see springs-every NC should have these), wheels(throws the speedo off but nice-too bad 18" tires are so pricey) and body kit(I like it,some don't). 23k so far with only the top drain issue. I've had 11 Miatas and this is the only one I'd keep forever, especially as an only car. I bought mine with all the Mazdaspeed stuff at a Lexus store with 1900 miles on it for under 20k. Under the $7k of add-ons was a touring package that was $24k new so I think I got a good deal, I just wish it was a sport so I had LSD.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P74aJCJYhSYF7ounJKFXw5GPLL31n5MqRgz2YizdE568acdojqv6OhqucdoQTLsB