3 4 5
J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
9/30/24 3:12 p.m.
captainawesome said:

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

That fixed the comment box but still can't upload a photo taken with my iPhone without modifying it through Safari.

Awesome. Making progress. Do you know if the photo is an HEIC file?

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
9/30/24 3:15 p.m.

When I do the upload through my phone it shows .jpeg and with Firefox it's a .jpg. Neither currently work for me without manipulation.

J.A. Ackley
9/30/24 3:21 p.m.
captainawesome said:

When I do the upload through my phone it shows .jpeg and with Firefox it's a .jpg. Neither currently work for me without manipulation.

Thanks! We'll dive in.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/30/24 10:33 p.m.

Wait a minute, are the new post tracked on server side now?  Meaning it allows it to be accurate over multiple devices?  I think it was client side before right?  

J.A. Ackley
10/1/24 8:32 a.m.
Stampie said:

Wait a minute, are the new post tracked on server side now?  Meaning it allows it to be accurate over multiple devices?  I think it was client side before right?  

If you're referring to the "latest posts" page, it always went by the dates of the latest posts and not anything related to the client side. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
10/1/24 8:50 a.m.

Naw I was referring to the red dots but this morning I realized I wasn't logged into my phone so it was a phantom sync.  

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
10/1/24 3:23 p.m.

I think it has worked at some point since the new server went up, but now I cannot post from my iPad running iOS 17.7.  I checked, and I am logged in.

J.A. Ackley
10/1/24 3:57 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

I think it has worked at some point since the new server went up, but now I cannot post from my iPad running iOS 17.7.  I checked, and I am logged in.

Can you screenshot the error or what it's doing, please? That would be helpful!

Also, make sure to clear the cache. :-)

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
10/1/24 4:03 p.m.
J.A. Ackley said:
eastsideTim said:

Can you screenshot the error or what it's doing, please? That would be helpful!

Also, make sure to clear the cache. :-)

It was just a gray area where the text entry box normally was.  But, I deleted grassrootsmotorsports.com cookies, and re-logged in and it works now.  Thank you!

J.A. Ackley
10/1/24 4:35 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Okay, great. Glad it's working for you!

Is the site slow for anybody else tonight? I posted in the Hurricane Helene thread and it took about 30 seconds for the page to resolve and my post to post.

Navigating between the forum sections is also slow. It never times out but takes about 30 seconds.

I'm on Android running Brave browser if it matters.

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mglbdXA4X3NezYHlsasIZk1BoDslcjKTkrkLDHp4bpeAXXQAaSQzV0HDAgDQUrjm