spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/29/21 12:59 p.m.

If you've ever wanted to do One Lap.Get signed up!

You will need to make a $500 deposit at the time of registration to officially get onto the list!

One of the best Motorsports events there is! It's expensive, but absolutely worth it!

http://onelapofamerica.com/

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/29/21 1:13 p.m.

I'm in laugh

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/29/21 1:31 p.m.

I see that Scott and Becky are in a Mazda2.  Wow, have they gone soft?  Will they actually have AC?  

Good for them!  

Other than stop/start in South Bend, IN has Brock hinted at a schedule/venues?  

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/29/21 1:35 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Scott and Becky are leading a charge/invasion of Sundae Cup cars. Bobzilla and I round out the current 3 that are registered.

Robertson Racing Miata is now officially a racecar and they're done with driving it to events.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/29/21 1:42 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet (Forum Supporter) :

I don't know how they did it all this time. That's gotta be miserable

bgkast
bgkast PowerDork
9/29/21 1:53 p.m.

Someday...

That site does not work well on mobile!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/29/21 3:49 p.m.

In reply to bgkast :

turn your phone sideways. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/29/21 4:47 p.m.

This is a bucket list event for me. Even though I'd never spend the money to be at the pointy end of any class, I still want to do it just because. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
9/29/21 5:41 p.m.

I guess I'm in?

alright... now I just need to get a quicky divorce, and find a cheap red C6... and a co-driver.

I should probably get some track time too... it's been a couple years.  sad

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/1/21 7:12 a.m.

Wait list is now 16 deep! I believe spacecadet mentioned it took 6 hours.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
10/1/21 7:20 a.m.

I hope to do this one day.  What is the entry cost?  Couldn't find the number on the site.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/1/21 7:35 a.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

$3500 for a team of 2-3 people. 

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
10/1/21 9:33 a.m.

Wow, I wouldn't want to sign up without knowing the route first.  I guess you can always sign up, wait for the route to be posted and then drop out...

I did One Lap way back in 2007, entry fee was $2500 back then and I budgeted $6000 to get it all done.  That included fuel, hotels, the required set of tires, the entry fee, etc.  I'd budget at least $6-7000 now, not saying you can't get it done for less, but if you budget that much you shouldn't be surprised by expenses...

apexanimal
apexanimal New Reader
10/3/21 11:50 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

it's always been hard, and this year was so very hard. We've had three times when the miata hasn't been able to make it home under its own power... it's too much of a racecar, and we'll finish pushing it off that cliff this winter. 

We were simulaneously excited to have the miata on the OLOA, and so grateful that it'll never do it again. lol.

It's not official yet, but looking promising that we'll have a full run group of Gridlife Sundae Cup cars, with our own internal ruleset, and our own class/points for next year's OLOA. So far we've got a Mazda2, 1st gen Fit, Rio, 2nd gen Fit, and a tbd.

Racebrick
Racebrick New Reader
10/3/21 10:49 p.m.

Does anyone ever do one lap alone?

sleepyhead the buffalo
10/4/21 5:52 a.m.
Racebrick said:

Does anyone ever do one lap alone?

Nope, rules state a minimum of 2 is required.   
http://onelapofamerica.com/rulesForms/ShowRules.do

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/4/21 7:20 a.m.

In reply to apexanimal :

We go two fits? AWESOME!

apexanimal
apexanimal New Reader
10/5/21 6:12 p.m.

looks like a good variety... it's going to be interesting - has the one lap ever seen a full run group of similarly preped/capable cars?

I know the dubblers have had 3/4 hhr-ss'...

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/5/21 6:23 p.m.

I looked over the entries.  Someone is bringing a 2015 Mercedes E63.  GRM's Mazda Duece, who used to own a R63 will be there but he will not be in a Mercedes nor a Mazda Duece but rather a Rio5.  

Odds?  Over under, on the E63 completing?  I suspect it is a glorious place to reside while all is going right, but...

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
10/6/21 8:13 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

as long as its not heavily modified it'll be fine.  If it is, and doesn't have several thousand miles of shake down done, then it won't finish.

But that's the same as any entrant who brings a heavily modified car that they've been thrashing on to complete before the event...

sleepyhead the buffalo
10/6/21 8:58 a.m.

looks like the E63 owner has done OneLap aleady at least 5 times, stretching back to 1994?  I'll give it a solid chance of finishing.

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
10/6/21 9:00 a.m.
John Welsh said:

I looked over the entries.  Someone is bringing a 2015 Mercedes E63.  GRM's Mazda Duece, who used to own a R63 will be there but he will not be in a Mercedes nor a Mazda Duece but rather a Rio5.  

Odds?  Over under, on the E63 completing?  I suspect it is a glorious place to reside while all is going right, but...

We did it a few years ago in my daily driver stock CLS63.  It was brilliant on the transits, we would arrive refreshed.  

BradLTL
BradLTL UltraDork
11/19/21 7:49 p.m.

Late to this thread, in fact I started my own, but I'm in with a Mini Cooper S. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Idx0LvLCULTg9vqXKAjUQ3YvERs7vWTnNid8VA58o9qJAe5xd4ZgCugrHIy7si2F