1 2
Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/23/08 4:25 p.m.

I put this in the FAQ, but in case folks miss it: The live preview thing was added because some people asked for. While most people seem to like it, I know some don't, which is why you can now turn it off in your preferences.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
5/23/08 4:38 p.m.

Wow - you can really customize this thing. Cool. Why didn't you go to this board years ago? That's what I woulda done. :twisted:

eastpark
eastpark None
5/24/08 8:48 a.m.

Hey Tim, thanks for posting this. WOW - I was away on holidays for the past 2 weeks and finally logged in this morning. What a big difference.

I'd like to extend a big Thank You for all your effort - I really like the changes.

Cheers,

Paul

maroon92
maroon92
5/25/08 6:35 a.m.

seems like alot of effort went into the new forums... it appears that you guys actually care about us. I had a few issues when i first logged in, because i am against change. however, it is growing on me.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
5/25/08 9:06 a.m.

like mold?

Seriously, I kind of like the preview

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/25/08 9:11 p.m.

I was so-so on it. I turned it off. Although while recently posting something I found myself wondering how it was going to look once I clicked "add post"....

David S. Wallens
5/25/08 9:12 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: Wow - you can really customize this thing. Cool. Why didn't you go to this board years ago? That's what I woulda done. :twisted:

Arrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

Love, David

PS: PM me if you know of anyone with a spare passenger-side mirror for my CRX.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
5/26/08 8:14 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote: Wow - you can really customize this thing. Cool. Why didn't you go to this board years ago? That's what I woulda done. :twisted:
Arrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. Love, David PS: PM me if you know of anyone with a spare passenger-side mirror for my CRX.

:twisted:

Do you know if CRX's can use Civc mirrors? I know I don't have a CRX one, but I may have a Civic one

David S. Wallens
5/26/08 8:28 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote:
Arrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. Love, David PS: PM me if you know of anyone with a spare passenger-side mirror for my CRX.
:twisted: Do you know if CRX's can use Civc mirrors? I know I don't have a CRX one, but I may have a Civic one

I don't know. Depends on who you want to believe on the Interweb. Guess there's only one way to find out--test fit!

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
5/27/08 8:34 a.m.

I'll dig through my stash and see if I still have the one that came off of my SM car.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
5/27/08 2:01 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:

EEEEEEEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__88-91-HONDA-CRX-DOOR-MIRROR-RIGHT-PASSENGER_W0QQitemZ270240572815QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQddiZ2811QQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270240572815&

For a nominal fee, I'm guessing he'd even throw in some m4dtyt3jdmZ3fenders,y0!

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
5/27/08 2:03 p.m.

"IF YOU NEED BOTH THE PRICE WILL BE DOBBLE"

wow.

BTW - Thanks for making links open in a new window Tim. Mo betta.

David S. Wallens
5/27/08 2:43 p.m.

I hadn't seen that one on eBay and, yes, those fenders are rad. Dave, can I pay you in space credits? How about a GRM mystery box?

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
5/27/08 2:48 p.m.

Beer, Karma, Mystery Box, Challenge win, whatever.

Nashco
Nashco Dork
5/27/08 3:53 p.m.

I must be taking crazy pills. I unchecked the "preview" option in my profile but I'm still seeing the preview pane. Anybody else? This is a very welcome change, thanks!

Bryce

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/27/08 4:11 p.m.

Yup. Crazy pills. Pretty sure. :nice:

Varkwso
Varkwso New Reader
5/27/08 8:10 p.m.
Nashco wrote: I must be taking crazy pills. I unchecked the "preview" option in my profile but I'm still seeing the preview pane. Anybody else? This is a very welcome change, thanks! Bryce

me too - it is still there....

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/27/08 8:14 p.m.

Let me look into it a bit more. Sure worked for me.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/27/08 8:15 p.m.

Yup, just worked again. You have it UNchecked, right? If so, send me the relevant OS/Browser details and I'll dig deeper.

Nashco
Nashco Dork
5/27/08 10:42 p.m.

Yup, unchecked. You should remember mine after the "bane of my existence" comments, but just in case it's IE6 and XP (same problem on two computers, one at work and one at home). I also tried it with XP and Firefox with duplicate results.

Bryce

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/28/08 7:12 a.m.

Weird. It's still showing that it's turned on in the DB. I'll look into it a bit more. I turned it on and off multiple times yesterday with no problem.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
5/28/08 10:48 a.m.

I've had the previews turned off all this time - and this morning the previews showed up. I can't make them go away regardless of what boxes I click.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
5/28/08 11:37 a.m.

Tim waved his magic wand and voila! Fixed.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/28/08 11:38 a.m.

I think there may be some confusion on the various preview options.

If "Preview board posts and topics?" is checked, it will show a preview of the three most recent posts below each topic. This is nice for folks who like to scan the topics and see what's happening lately in them, but it's a lot more stuff on the screen, and a lot more information slower machines have to figure out how to render.

If "Show Post Preview?" is checked, it will show the live post preview when you're typing up a post.

bravenrace
bravenrace HalfDork
5/28/08 11:46 a.m.

Never mind...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Vw1WstG3iUjwrRuvV25lj1CJY1ZmgoKFW6eZWjPAqvP1AQNQR7XdqSyMOX18oHNa