1 2
mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
5/24/11 6:34 a.m.
curtis73 wrote: Its been a while, but I recall finding the specific CA law that prohibits race numbers on the street.

I have heard that too...

docwyte
docwyte Reader
5/24/11 8:46 a.m.

I've got vinyl numbers and class lettering on my car. I occasionally drive it on the street. I'm afraid to park it outside my office though because of theft. Once I get a stated value policy with Hagerty for it I'll drive it more...

I'm not worried about LEO as I rarely speed in it on the street. It's just too obvious a target being bright red, loud and having race numbers on it. I'm not that stupid...

steverife
steverife New Reader
5/24/11 8:57 a.m.

My CRX is bright green with vinyl numbers and a lot of stickers. No issues thus far, though I make sure that if it sits outside, it is on beater wheels and the battery is out of the car.

Cobra
Cobra New Reader
5/24/11 9:46 a.m.

I daily drove my 95 Saturn SC2 with all of its race day apparel and never had an issue. This was in Indiana though. I got fewer strange looks than I thought I would.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
5/24/11 10:07 a.m.
Cobra wrote: I daily drove my 95 Saturn SC2 with all of its race day apparel and never had an issue. This was in Indiana though. I got fewer strange looks than I thought I would.

Those weren't "strange looks," those were "pitying looks."

nickel_dime
nickel_dime Dork
5/24/11 11:06 a.m.

I've left my HPDE numbers on my DD for years now. Never had any trouble other than always answering "Do you race that thing?"

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qqerri9lIrze7Rti9bG0b6wV6WIP9eT0omLlvCBhO2y3iIn17I4gkvUuGXqgkZJD