1 2 3 4
DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
2/27/12 12:38 p.m.

I plan on watching the entire race this year (have failed twice before, ended up passed out in/on my tent). This year, the word "Pace" will be used. For example

The Duke of Understeer "paced himself when consuming adult beverages while watching a 12 hour automobile race".

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
2/27/12 12:48 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: I plan on watching the entire race this year (have failed twice before, ended up passed out in or around my tent). This year, the word "Pace" will be used. For example The Duke of Understeer "paced himself when consuming adult beverages while watching a 12 hour automobile race".

Don't start drinking until 3 or 4 and you will be good, unless the single malt scotch bus starts out early.

DukeOfUndersteer
2/27/12 12:54 p.m.

I used the word "on" for a reason... haha. Have you passed out while you were walking somewhere? I haz!

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
2/27/12 1:29 p.m.

You'll love it there! The social aspect of the infield is way better than Rolex. The GRM tent would be lost and seem quite tame in comparison to some of the creative groups that will be there. Look for the live music stage, you'll love it. Don't even think of trying to get out of there until very late at night or early in the morning. If you decide to go into town and eat and not go back to the track you wil have missed out big time.

Talk to people! They are more friendly than at any other track even I've ever gone to.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
2/27/12 3:23 p.m.

I could bring the skoolie , the top is a platform

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte HalfDork
2/27/12 3:29 p.m.

Farther to fall when you pass out?

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
2/27/12 3:46 p.m.
TRoglodyte wrote: Farther to fall when you pass out?

You will be fired before you hit the ground !

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
2/27/12 4:03 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EubmO_rBES0

It hasn't changed. Sebring is a BLAST! Missed it last year, I was being laid off and the company was paying out for unused accrued PTO. Missing it this year, no job/taking care of SWMBO's boy (cancer). Wave to the TV cameras everyone, I'll be looking for y'all!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
2/27/12 5:43 p.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: I could bring the skoolie , the top is a platform

Find room for mine beside yours, hint hint

Photobucket

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
2/27/12 6:41 p.m.

A number of people just rent big Ryder moving trucks and sleep/cook inside and use the top for a viewing arena.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
2/28/12 10:00 a.m.

I have to be there early in the week and then leave before race even starts

Do you have a space or are you going to just run into the infield and park ? Cost ? fia entries

imsa list

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
2/28/12 11:51 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: You'll love it there! The social aspect of the infield is way better than Rolex. The GRM tent would be lost and seem quite tame in comparison to some of the creative groups that will be there. Look for the live music stage, you'll love it. Don't even think of trying to get out of there until very late at night or early in the morning. If you decide to go into town and eat and not go back to the track you wil have missed out big time. Talk to people! They are more friendly than at any other track even I've ever gone to.

Yes, this...

I remember some people when I went in '08 that made a maze with that orange construction fencing thru the walking area next to the track at the hotel turn. They were dressed up like weird/gay rednecks(only way to describe it) and were holding donation cups in different corners of the maze. They would stare at you as you walk through and not say anything. I was laughing my ass off walking through there.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
2/29/12 9:27 a.m.

It sounds like I might have to go down to Sebring the 10 th 0r 11 th to work on some cars so still up in the air about skoolie any interest in sharing $$$ expenses getting it in the track ? The mooseclub around the block lets you park for free

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
3/4/12 2:20 p.m.

Does anyone know if there will be the transponder headsets at the Sebring race? I know they have them at the NASCAR events. I was thinking about that earlier today and it'd be cool if people could tune into the frequencies of teams to hear the driver/crew chief talking.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/5/12 8:03 a.m.

I think they would, they do have them at the 24

DukeOfUndersteer
3/5/12 10:34 a.m.

Should I purchase a WIFI card before going down? Dont want to spend $30 to use Sebring's WIFI that I can't even pick up the race online there.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/5/12 10:36 a.m.

It would be great to stream the coverage if we can. I however am not the guy to set that up.

DukeOfUndersteer
3/5/12 10:44 a.m.

last year, i tried to stream the race at the track by paying the fee to use their WIFI to watch the race on ESPN3. The service was crap to say the least and wasn't able to pull up the feed. This year, i might go swing by a cell phone place and by WIFI hot spot card so we can try and watch the feed

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/5/12 10:50 a.m.

Ive got a scanner, I just dont know where I put it.

DukeOfUndersteer
3/5/12 10:56 a.m.

Jason, could you ask Lee if we could borrow another WIFI card from him? Is he going?

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
3/5/12 11:16 a.m.

Get an antenae that goes into your usb for more signal strength gonna be there this sunday so will report from track <<<< Get wireless card for backup most definetly>>>> ATTn Aussie If you find that diesel is to much to drive your rig you can come down pick up mine and use it ! Its running awesome and might take 40 gallons of Diesel to run there and back to my place . Sleeps 4 inside more on the roof ... SPeedcom has scanners $55 for the weekend must be paid in advanced reserved , toto said he has about 60 Speedcom scanner link

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit SuperDork
3/5/12 12:14 p.m.

1970 Sebring 12 Hour

Just to get everyone in the mood.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/5/12 12:46 p.m.

Karl, bringing a trailer to haul a project back and picking up parts so I need to bring Mongo.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
3/5/12 1:28 p.m.

Cool Deal I will see you there ! Get my celly # and call me when you get round . Gonna be fun ! Trade Window tint on Mongo for Stag diff ? Great vid Thanks RBS !

miataman86
miataman86 New Reader
3/5/12 3:18 p.m.

Cool. I knew they had the transonder headsets at the Rolex. Wasnt too sure about Sebring. Definitely gonna get one.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2X6wZ86DZJTnTBThAK11QKABep6nVTLD6wBXmYT20wgkpssQzSXfZGZ4orMbEvHR