1 2
Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Online Editor
4/1/14 1:12 p.m.

Yes, you read that correctly. Use promo code GRAB to get a box of 20 back issues and a one-year subscription to Grassroots Motorsports for $19.99. You can use this to add a year to your subscription, renew if if it's lapsed, or subscribe for the first time. Just go to our subscription page here:

https://secure.ablesoftsolutions.com/pdmg/SecurePages/NewSub.aspx?pi=grm

And enter in code GRAB. If you already bought a box of back issues, this is an easy way to get more. We have history going back to the mid-'80s, so there's a good chance you won't get duplicates.

The fine print (in normal-size font): US addresses only. Sorry, Canada. It's just too expensive to mail that box across the border.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Online Editor
4/1/14 7:01 p.m.

Bueller?

confuZion3
confuZion3 UltraDork
4/1/14 7:06 p.m.

I'm interested. I think it sounds totally awesome! I just need to get home to order.

Just in case: the promo code is really GRAB, not APRILFOOLS, right?

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler Dork
4/1/14 7:07 p.m.

I'd be more tempted if I didn't already have every back issue going back to the late 90s already.

Packrat? Me????

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
4/1/14 7:38 p.m.

I'll do it if you've got back issues from 1985 and 1986, otherwise I've got them all.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/1/14 7:55 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote: I'm interested. I think it sounds totally awesome! I just need to get home to order. Just in case: the promo code is really GRAB, not APRILFOOLS, right?

This is totally legit. In fact, it's too legit to quit.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
4/1/14 8:15 p.m.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Online Editor
4/1/14 9:39 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
confuZion3 wrote: I'm interested. I think it sounds totally awesome! I just need to get home to order. Just in case: the promo code is really GRAB, not APRILFOOLS, right?
This is totally legit. In fact, it's too legit to quit.

Funny, I said that exact same thing on the Classic board. If I didn't know better, I'd think we had coordinated talking points.

The real truth is, as usual, much less exciting: we're both equally lame white guys.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
4/1/14 9:57 p.m.

If I were to order this, could I possibly request the February 2007 issue (C5 buyers guide?)

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
4/1/14 10:14 p.m.

Can I just show up and you guys dump a bunch into my car?

ouchx100
ouchx100 New Reader
4/2/14 1:47 a.m.

I already got my box. Totally worth it. They say 20 issues but I really got like 25 issues

You guys must really want to get rid of them. It's like 6 bucks each unless you order this box with costs 20 bucks. And the postage on my box was almost 12 bucks! Plus 5 more issues than I was suppose to get.

Edit: just re read and saw the code added the one year subscription. That's an even sweeter deal

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
4/2/14 1:54 a.m.

In for one! I just renewed not too long ago but this deal was too good to pass up. I hope I did it right, didn't see anything about the code being applied

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
4/2/14 7:28 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: I'd be more tempted if I didn't already have every back issue going back to the late 90s already. Packrat? Me????

Same here. I think I have all of them back to 2000 or so.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
4/2/14 8:22 a.m.

I'd be interested if you could at least do, say, "2006 and older". I don't expect to cherry pick the issues I want, but another member gave me a 40# box of old issues last year at a meet & I'm still working through them on my lunch break.

The oldest issue I've seen so far has been 2007 I think. (Thinking the 90's issues would be a hoot to read.)

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Online Editor
4/2/14 9:36 a.m.
Jerry wrote: I'd be interested if you could at least do, say, "2006 and older". I don't expect to cherry pick the issues I want, but another member gave me a 40# box of old issues last year at a meet & I'm still working through them on my lunch break. The oldest issue I've seen so far has been 2007 I think. (Thinking the 90's issues would be a hoot to read.)

We can't guarantee anything, but as you can see from ouchx100's post above, we cram as many issues into a box as we can fit. It's a minimum of 20 in a flat-rate box, which costs us $12 to mail. There will be plenty of mags in your package from the '90s, maybe a couple from the '80s, and some from the '00s. You could recycle the duplicates (or give 'em to a friend) and you'd still be getting a screaming deal.

So. No special accommodations. You get a box of magazines free with a subscription. If you buy 'em individually, they're $7 apiece.

You're absolutely right. The back issues are incredible fun.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Online Editor
4/2/14 9:40 a.m.
mtn wrote: If I were to order this, could I possibly request the February 2007 issue (C5 buyers guide?)

No special requests. If you want a specific issue, take your chances with the box, or buy it on its own here: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/issues/details/44/

Jerry
Jerry Dork
4/2/14 10:05 a.m.

In reply to Alan Cesar:

Sounds like a plan this Fri(Pay)day. (Wish I could score the Dork vinyl still)

coldaudio
coldaudio New Reader
4/2/14 12:38 p.m.

This finally got me to sign up for a subscription

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
4/2/14 1:09 p.m.
Alan Cesar wrote:
mtn wrote: If I were to order this, could I possibly request the February 2007 issue (C5 buyers guide?)
No special requests. If you want a specific issue, take your chances with the box, or buy it on its own here: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/issues/details/44/

Good, I just called my mom--I already have that issue, it just is 150 miles away from me

Order was placed about 2 hours ago.

trigun7469
trigun7469 HalfDork
4/2/14 2:55 p.m.

Is this a limited offer?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
4/3/14 8:03 p.m.

I just paid my $20 and got a boatload of magazines. 20+......totally stoked. Wife asked me if I had a ch*bb in my pants....

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
4/3/14 8:05 p.m.

Tomorrow I will pay another $20 and get the extra year. Smoking bargain of the year....

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Online Editor
4/4/14 5:14 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469:

Limited only by your imagination and wallet

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UberDork
4/4/14 5:23 p.m.

Alright just did mine. Figure once I am done with the back issues they will come to work and let the other car guys browse them.

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
4/4/14 5:51 p.m.

And I was looking foward to a "Double Dork" sticker.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wIXW1e0ZsjhyBFEosvvr2a3FXI6x4Az4dNfl3n2J0UQOUJJ84txwkShgJyJGkX4V