1 2 3
californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
10/19/23 6:53 p.m.

still happy with Airtags, 

We tracked my buddies race car  around Europe that he was racing at LeMans classic,  and displaying it at a bunch of other shows.

nice thing is the batteries last over a year and can be replaced for a couple bucks :)

It was nice to know where it was and if the trailer went missing we had a chance of finding it , 

rdcyclist
rdcyclist Reader
11/13/23 10:58 p.m.
benclear said:

It sounds like airtags are a great solution if you don't need geofences and to track run-time for servicing reasons. 

If you do need those things, there are several good options on the market: Verison, Samsara, OneGPS. 

But if you're looking for a more affordable option, check out Clear Telematics for a GPS Tracking System

Like I mentioned before, I work for them so please let me know if this comment violates the terms of this forum and I'll delete it.  

That is certainly an excellent option for tracking cars, trailers and so on. Fairly substantial buy-in but you'd make that back in 6 months of most GPS trackers I've seen. I've got a Spytec battery tracker that cost 30 bucks on Amazon and the monthly is 30 bucks. So coughing up the buck-eighty and then 6/month seems to make good economic sense in the long run.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/14/23 8:24 a.m.

Since this thread has been brought back I'll mention the GPS tracker I use for my bike. It's a Sizzapp unit. I know it sounds like Chinese spyware but its actually Latvian spyware. Kidding. It is made in Latvia though. They advertise it for motorcycles but you can use it on any vehicle. One time purchase cost of about 300 dollars for the 4G version but that give a lifetime license and worldwide coverage. I've had it on my  Triumph for over a year and it has alerts for everything from slight bumps, to low vehicle battery to leaving the geofence you set, as well as capturing ride maps and stuff like that. https://www.sizzapp.com/ Ive been very happy with it.

mfennell
mfennell HalfDork
11/14/23 8:54 a.m.
accordionfolder said:

In reply to benclear :

https://www.lonestartracking.com/tracking-devices/oyster3-waterproof-battery-powered-gps-tracking-device-5g-cat-m1/

Thanks for that!  Exactly what I've been looking for.  I just rented a storage space to free up garage space (for working on motorcycles, of course). The FFR Cobra is going in for the for the winter.  I plan to disconnect the battery.  The storage site is generally unmanned.  It has a coded gate and cameras, obviously, but potentially a theft might not be noticed for months.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sJZhpSkssvkXgDnG8YlvnoFSXe5YgqnyQASrXCOF3TDGPtJ6kFHal1846P9GOTQh