Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/14/08 4:13 p.m.

Should we split the Grassroots Motorsports forum into two forums: One for talk about the magazine, stories in it, that sort of thing One for talk about cars and autocrossing and stuff

Obviously, I'm not talking about moving them, just two categories.

Thoughts?

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo Dork
5/14/08 4:31 p.m.

I guess a Magazine specific forum could be tailored to comments, critiques or questions about the Mag itself. Then you'd need two, one for each mag (or I guess you might be able to combine them) The moderation of that might require more work than if it is left in the general nut house and existing paths of communication (FedEx'd thongs aside) Oh then hole, I feel it is a bad idea :nice:

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/14/08 4:34 p.m.

On a related note, I've often had a car question that wasn't remotely related to GRM the magazine, or any kind of Motorsports.... never really knew where to put those.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
5/14/08 5:04 p.m.

I like the idea of subsections for "Events" which would include the Challenge, the Mitty etc.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo Dork
5/14/08 6:05 p.m.

Bax, Off Topic is thy friend.

Quasi, it seems that the events are handled separately now.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/14/08 6:22 p.m.

http://grm.classicmotorsports.net/events/

gielamonster
gielamonster
5/14/08 7:07 p.m.

This board doesn't have MASSIVE traffic, so splitting it up further might not be helping anything. Right now I have my bookmark setup to "Show new posts since last visit" and its usually only about a page or two.

First test post on the new bored. Werd.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
5/15/08 6:13 a.m.

No i don't mean a listing of events but rather a forum for Motorsport Marketing sponsored events where the fans and competitors can go to talk, learn, and smack

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/15/08 6:45 a.m.

I've got something slightly different in mind. We do know we need to make it a lot easier to find info on events, though.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/16/08 3:58 a.m.

My vote is NO on splitting the GRM forum into sub forums.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
5/16/08 8:15 a.m.

I REALLY don't like subforums. I think they dilute things too much unless there is a specific reason for their existance (like seperate classifieds).

I have no problem with random car questions in the main forum. That's it's purpose IMO.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/16/08 8:18 a.m.

I'd say that idea is pretty dead.

horsewidower
horsewidower
5/19/08 12:13 p.m.

I think the very reason that this forum has relatively low traffic is because it lacks well defined subforums. This site should be heavily trafficked by grassroots racers looking for help. But without dedicated, engine, suspension, fabrication, and racing-driving subforums, it is not user friendly for technical discussions.

You have, without a doubt, the best magazines catering to the roadracing/autocrossing crowd. You're forum doesn't reflect that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ems6Hs6tifkt0RaNwO5lw8GWkQKVVwRZd77NHeLS7IhvfzM3wVQ6zhHap6RPIdXs