RussellH
RussellH New Reader
7/10/08 3:34 p.m.

I started building the car for Honda Challenge H4 but I'm not going to be able to do that for a while with the way the economy's going. Though I still want to be able to get out to the track every now and then so I'm looking for the most bang-for-the-buck suspension. I don't need it to win any races, just something that can handle the track duty in advanced HPDE classes. My prior experience with the off-the shelf springs (H&R and Eibach pro) have been the tire rubbing on the inside of the fender or the frame on uneven tracks and berms. Though they were cars that were lacking suspension travel (miata, bimmer) to begin with.

So far it's been gutted and has a 6 point custom cage...lots of work ahead but I'll be happy with getting the suspension, wheels, tires and brakes to take it to 3 or 4 of HPDEs this year.

It's a '92 Integra hatch (with sunroof, RS?)

ProDarwin
ProDarwin Dork
7/10/08 5:07 p.m.

GC + Koni?

RussellH
RussellH New Reader
7/10/08 6:08 p.m.

What rates?

Are there any cheaper options to the Konis such as the AGXs etc?

Type Q
Type Q Reader
7/10/08 6:25 p.m.

If you going the GC + Koni route, get the SPSS valved (Race) spec ones. I used them on my EG Civic to great effect. For springs, I'd suggest 500 to 600 in the front and 650 to 750 rear depending on the rear bar you are using as a place to start. It is probably worth a trip to a Honda Challenge weekend to ask around.

If you want to cheaper than that, then I'd look at GC with a set of Illumina's. The spring rates will need to be lower. 350 front and 450 rear is what I would run with them.

I not a big fan of AGX's. I have not used them in a Honda application, but in my Miata they didn't keep the wheels on the ground that well on bumpy stuff and seemed to wear pretty fast with non-stock springs.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
7/12/08 11:53 p.m.
RussellH wrote: What rates? Are there any cheaper options to the Konis such as the AGXs etc?

Koni Yellows are so heavily race-proven. Such a great mod--well worth the money and cheaper/more effective than the blingy Tein/other JDM stuff.

I have OTS Yellows w/ 380F/450R GC's on my EG (borders on brutal for street use) and it's a nice combo.

I have OTS Yellows and Neuspeed SofSports on my 99 Civic Si and it's a PERFECT sport suspension. Too soft for a hardcore HPDE car, but great ride quality and effective enough for auto-x/HPDE.

So yeah--I'm a fan of Koni Yellows.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ilqs8lkN6G397SBDzkvQcyxMzU2SnVh0tLFhrcREUOE3RytlFR0gvBRtaoFoFLGs