1 2 3
Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/15/14 5:50 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: In reply to MrChaos: My wife and I drove 276 out of Waynesville a couple of months ago. It's one of my favorites. Not exactly the fastest way from Waynesville to Charleston, but worth the detour. I also like 178 out of Pickens up to Rosman and then 215 up to the Parkway. I'm getting the itch to head back up there for a long weekend.

Nice route

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
5/15/14 6:02 p.m.

I was up there a couple weeks ago. Had the family with me so just cruising. They had an unmarked pickup sitting off the road radioing to two marked cars sitting a couple corners up the hill. Two NC Hwy patrol cars were at the gas station. It was a Sunday afternoon with lighter than normal traffic. My guess is somebody got killed the day before, that would explain the light traffic and heavy LEO presence.

neily
neily New Reader
5/15/14 9:30 p.m.

I once thought of running a sprint in shenandoah but there must be tones of animals running around

neily
neily New Reader
5/15/14 9:39 p.m.
MrChaos wrote: Devil's Drop AKA NC-151 AKA Pisgah Highway. It drops 2000' in 5 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I remember watching blue ridge parkway in top gear they had a 25 speed limit ...they didnt seem to be having fun ....

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/16/14 1:55 p.m.

In reply to neily:

I know you are new, but you are not going to get a whole lot of support or sympathy around here for illegal driving activities.

Take it to the track.

carbon
carbon HalfDork
5/16/14 6:58 p.m.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
5/16/14 10:11 p.m.
SVreX wrote: In reply to neily: I know you are new, but you are not going to get a whole lot of support or sympathy around here for illegal driving activities. Take it to the track.

What he said.

There aren't any saints here in that department, but its not something worthy of discussion here.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WVE3jFZW80XypvczopiXAo4Ufz5ITAVP2vDRlCBTkFHsa6DudLRGSZdCODVUQPBQ