1 2
dps214
dps214 SuperDork
6/18/24 4:45 p.m.

My tire rack tires were delivered by UPS today. I ordered them yesterday morning including heat cycling so it had to have been under 24hrs from leaving TR to my door which is pretty impressive. On the other hand, they get the recognition of being the first to manage to disturb TR's "packaging" in transit so mixed results overall.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
6/18/24 7:24 p.m.

I'm glad that I can get RE71rs from Costco. My local independent tire shop that does a lot of the performance cars around here is a Continental dealer. 

I have rotors ordered from Tire Rack, we'll see how that goes. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
6/18/24 9:08 p.m.

Fun fact. FedEx's tracking back end is built in COBOL they can't get enough fluent programmers to fix it and are starting from scratch. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
7/18/24 1:04 p.m.

Fedex strikes again.

Ruined an RE-71RS yesterday, ordered a new one.  Tried to have it shipped straight to Tire Discounters in Dayton where an SCCA member works, TireRack called to say the address was red flagged to not accept shipments for some reason.  Fine, send it to my work, hope for the best.

Driver just came in, no tires on his truck.  Last tracking shows it's still in South Bend.  I was going to have it mounted tomorrow for the GR's first AX on Saturday.  (I might just berkeleying leave early tomorrow if it shows up at all.)

And found out the 2year hazard warranty didn't transfer to a new owner, almost thought it would be warrantied.  I might have to look elsewhere.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
7/23/24 2:14 p.m.

Update, they just gave me another $50 credit.  The tire ended up taking another day after sitting in S Bend.

Maybe after enough $ credits they'll stop using FedEx?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fD2LTdM1ef3PalI08m8Nyt4Y2XzxRTSdnWQyDIdz3Ym7n6vIGZuHFFKLh4vRuqys