cvedral
cvedral New Reader
11/9/10 11:18 p.m.

I have an 03 Jetta sitting around left over from my son so i thought of putting some coilovers on and running the snot out of it. Anybody ever set one of these up and give it a try at Hpde? Yeah fwd i am not feeling so comfortable about but what you think? its paid for so if i wad it up big deal. Maybe give some tt a try with it. Or just sell it off for a few grand and buy a cheap miata?

Raze
Raze Dork
11/10/10 6:56 a.m.
cvedral wrote: Or just sell it off for a few grand and buy a cheap miata?

This.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
11/10/10 7:37 a.m.

its a decent car. With the proper setup, a reflash (Revo ) and do a factory big brake kit from a TT225, i think it would be a pretty cool setup. I am planning on doing the same. Have the coilovers, Stage 2 flash, 3 in turbo back exhaust... Just need a set of slicks and see what catagory it falls under

robertcope
robertcope New Reader
11/10/10 8:06 a.m.

I ran a 2003 Jetta GLI (VR6 24v) for a few years; recently moved to a Miata. It is/was an awesome track car. I hav basic stuff done to it, of course: Shine springs, Koni FSD struts, Neuspeed RSB, Ground Control camber plates, Upper and Lowe front tie bars, Unitronic Stage1+ flash, Neuspeed CAI, Techtonics exhaust, RacingBrake BBK up front, RacingBrake rotors in back, Hawk HP+ pads, Raxles axles, and... a few other small things.

It was a really fun car to track. Definitely a sleeper. It's pretty fun to run down M3s and whatnot in a Jetta.

CaptainSpaulding
CaptainSpaulding Reader
11/10/10 9:57 a.m.

Get ahold of Ian Cole. He runs NASA GTS and races a mk4 GTI in NASA GTS2 and is pretty competitive.

www.nasarockymountain.com is where he usually hangs out and you can also find him at www.nasaproracing.com using the same user name.

dsycks
dsycks New Reader
11/10/10 11:18 a.m.

The rear suspension is crap. Sell it and buy the Miata.

CaptainSpaulding
CaptainSpaulding Reader
11/10/10 5:50 p.m.
dsycks wrote: The rear suspension is crap. Sell it and buy the Miata.

Tell that to the BMW and Porsche guys that get beat by that "crap".

HiTempguy
HiTempguy HalfDork
11/10/10 11:44 p.m.

400whp is only a set of rods+arp bolts away (plus supporting BOOOST mods). My buddy drops the pan to swap the rods, at first I thought he was crazy but it was quite simple!

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
11/12/10 9:23 p.m.

We had a MkIV TDI Golf at the latest HPDE. It was pretty cool to see it out there. No, it wasn't fast, but it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g4RbrrcQ8FT2Q2NTs9yWRWtu7kOuoLoLjmUcIkLQvG8R5A46lzvv5phgo8O1mzNy