5 6 7
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/13/23 11:23 a.m.

I'm about to take my '23 in for it's first oil change. Just need to call and see the soonest I can have the first appointment of the day.  Car will likely have about 1100 miles by the time it gets there. 

For what it's worth, I spoke to my sales guy and the sales manager extensively when I took delivery and they are aware of the problem. I messaged them a while back and they basically said they would be happy to drop the pan and take a look. If they find silicone in the oil pickup they will fix it under warranty, if they do not find any, I'll be responsible for ~$650 in labor. 

So since I haven't done any powertrain mods besides a catback, I'm just going to let them change the oil and wait another 6 months or so for the next free oil change. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
3/13/23 12:05 p.m.
z31maniac said:

I'm about to take my '23 in for it's first oil change. Just need to call and see the soonest I can have the first appointment of the day.  Car will likely have about 1100 miles by the time it gets there. 

For what it's worth, I spoke to my sales guy and the sales manager extensively when I took delivery and they are aware of the problem. I messaged them a while back and they basically said they would be happy to drop the pan and take a look. If they find silicone in the oil pickup they will fix it under warranty, if they do not find any, I'll be responsible for ~$650 in labor. 

So since I haven't done any powertrain mods besides a catback, I'm just going to let them change the oil and wait another 6 months or so for the next free oil change. 

If you're going to use it on track, paying $650 to avoid the hassle and downtime of an engine replacement that would likely not be covered under warranty could be a good deal...if it's just for street use, rolling the dice and letting the warranty play out could be a better option.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/13/23 12:10 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
z31maniac said:

If you're going to use it on track, paying $650 to avoid the hassle and downtime of an engine replacement that would likely not be covered under warranty could be a good deal...if it's just for street use, rolling the dice and letting the warranty play out could be a better option.

Not planning on track or AutoX use. Otherwise I would have bought a first gen and started working on a KSwap. Just wanted a nice, fun and new street car to enjoy. Considering that it seems Subaru's Starlink can also track your position, having them clean the oil pan or not, it seems they could figure it out when you spend 1.5 hours in a day covering the same 2 miles that are oddly the same. devil

lnlds
lnlds Reader
6/27/23 10:55 a.m.

https://youtu.be/4Jk5WTWoqt4

New data. Significant oil pressure drops in right-handers on not so sticky tires (champiro sx2). The data they collected showed the older fa20 did not have oil pressure drops of the magnitude.

5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QOlhojTsRMheucEFJu8To4pYExF547eKvWxWJg4yQKy73PA7ABWMyHZ5ILEg6aYI