I like the interior:

footinmouth
footinmouth Reader
4/24/24 9:37 p.m.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
4/24/24 9:38 p.m.

In reply to Feedyurhed :

Or KindaSmall... something's. John Cooper's name meant something on a Mini!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/25/24 9:22 a.m.

I recently found out that a good friend was waaaaay into the mini truck scene back in the day–like removable tops, fat 13s, pink paint, etc. I mean, I knew he was cool, but didn’t realize he was that cool. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/25/24 9:27 a.m.

Mini trucks were big when I was in middle school/junior high, early mid-90s...............I remember everyone removing some letters so the tailgate said "Its bishi"

That said I have a STRONG desire for a 92-93 V6 S10. But I realize a clean is going to be nearly impossible to find, not what I need to spend money on, and I have nowhere to park it. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
4/25/24 9:54 a.m.

Dang, 

Reading all of these and just thinking back to my Hardbody I convinced my employer I needed as a work truck in the day. Looked just like this with the 5 speed. It was perfect and I loved that thing. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/25/24 10:08 a.m.

In reply to bmw88rider :

I remember looking at a new Hardbody. A totally base model was advertised at something like $7999 or $8999.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
4/25/24 12:59 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

In reply to bmw88rider :

I remember looking at a new Hardbody. A totally base model was advertised at something like $7999 or $8999.

I bought my 96 Ranger for 10k brand new, $270/mo. Nothing special either, XL model trim, 2.3/5spd/2wd, cloth 60/40 "bucket seats".

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
4/26/24 1:31 p.m.

My hardbody couldn't have been much more than that David. It was manual everything, RWD, and the only thing it had was AC (Because New Orleans) Shoot, I put my own radio in it because it didn't have one. 

One of the welders on my crew took it out to grab some supplies and crashed it. :(

I was then stuck with a ford super duty which would have been fine but it needed almost a half a ton in it to not bounce me off the roof.  But the 460 dually with a stick was an interesting combo. We would use it to pull locomotives out of the shop if the yard switcher was not available. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/26/24 1:41 p.m.

This is an early 70's Datsun built by a guy in York who does restoration work that he had on the showfield at the Carlisle Import show last year.   The engine is a Rover V8 backed by a 5 spd manual. 

buzzboy
buzzboy UltraDork
4/26/24 3:36 p.m.

Came for (Leyland) Mini Trucks, stayed for mini trucks.

This is the most fun vehicle I've ever driven.

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KRzH1wGo3ECwKj3SggQ6RebqDBqEdXeJRohuAddvWXHhjgWICpBdzw6ZDhUEWNWJ